SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies You Haven't Seen
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies You Haven't Seen Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
We all discuss movies we've seen...what about popular movies you haven't seen like everyone else, for whatever reason, you weirdo?

I've yet to see ET. Not really sure why. Maybe my impression is that it is formulaic Steven Spielberg. So not fair to judge a film like that without actually having seen it.

What's on your list?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Avatar. Never seen it; have no desire to see it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

That's one I did see. You haven't missed much.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I also never saw ET. Nor The Color Purple, Sicko, W., Bridges of Madison County, The Butler, An Inconvenient Truth or Black Panther. Probably a host of other 'must see' movies I never saw.

I envy Balze' as I have seen Avatar but not at the theater fortunately.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
As far as popular movies, I have never seen ET, Forrest Gump, Shankshaw Redemption, The Lord of the Ring series, The Fast & Furious series, and any superhero movie since the 3rd Batman film by Chris Nolan.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Because of this Seinfeld episode ...

... I make fun of The English Patient a lot, but I've never seen it.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
As far as popular movies, I have never seen ET, Forrest Gump, Shankshaw Redemption, The Lord of the Ring series, The Fast & Furious series, and any superhero movie since the 3rd Batman film by Chris Nolan.

I'm with you on LOTR, but Forrest GUMP? Shawshank?! Dang.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've never seen any of the Rocky films.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've never seen any of the Rocky films.

Not even the first one??!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen Tombstone.

Btw, whoever hasn’t seen The Godfather. Just shut up. You’re dead to me.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
None of the LORD OF THE RINGS series
Inconvenient Truth
No Fast & Furious flicks after the first one.
Gone With The Wind
Citizen Kane

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Don't think I've seen any of the Starwars films except for bits here and there.
Never interested in them.
I also don't think one should pass judgment on a film with out seeing it.
Still you know when something is not for you and you avoid it.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I was going to ask about Star Wars, but I didn't think it could be true.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

If you saw Dances with Wolves, you saw Avatar. If you didn’t, then consider yourself lucky.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't waste my time with crap, which means that I have not seen better than 99% of all Hollywood films made in the last 20 years.

On older films, though, I am a living encyclopedia.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
If the English Patient is sooo good, why isn't there an English Patient 2? Checkmate.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I'm with you on LOTR, but Forrest GUMP? Shawshank?! Dang.

Yeah, just never had a burr under my ass to make the time. Not knocking them, hell I have the LOTR discs at home, purchased when my son was young, and I never watched them (I actually have a lot of discs unwatched).

Like Para, I'm partial to older films. For example, I have seen almost all of the AFI's top 100 films, except for a few, including ET, Gump, and
Dances With Wolves and Tootsie Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I've never seen Citizen Kane. I need to, though. . . It is one of the undisputed classics.

Never seen Gone With the Wind, nor Wizard of Oz (seen parts of it but not in entirety).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The Big Lebowski.

No real reason. I just never got around to it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dude

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post