SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Night Tides - Music For The Mind & Body
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Tides - Music For The Mind & Body Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Night Tides bills itself as "[A]n eclectic blend of contemplative instrumental & electronic music that combines upbeat grooves and dubs with soothing melodies that whisper softly to the soul."

A musician friend of mine turned me on to this program a few years ago. It airs live every Sunday night from 8:00pm - midnight, Central (US) time.

That's sometimes too late for me, or I'm traveling, or otherwise engaged, but the nice thing is that the program is available online all week at

https://www.kcur.org/programs/night-tides

For me, it's "contemplative." I enjoy listening when I'm at my computer, or simply want to wash the sins of the world away for a spell. It's not for everyone, admittedly, but the program, which airs out of the University of Kansas as part of the npr network, has been doing so since 1994. With the same host(ess), Renée Blanche!

I'm listening as I type.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link you included and have been listening for about a half hour now. It's quite calming and relaxing.

Listening while at the computer will probably be my primary use but I think I'll try listening to this before going to bed as well.

At night, I've recently begun listening to the Sleep programming on CalmRadio.com and listening to this program beforehand should complement that and hopefully make it even more effective.

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Interesting that station is here in Kansas, I used to listen to ‘Nightcrossings’ on KHCC out of Hutchinson Community College. It is still on air,Monday through Friday, though I haven’t tuned in for some time.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
ok... amazon prime. will check it out.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post