SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Train
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Train Login/Join 
posted
Recently shown on TCM. Excellent film with action, intrigue, plot twists and great performances by all. Much better than the Monument Men. See it if you have the chance. Now on TCM on Demand. Good chess match between Nazi Colonel and Resistance Leader. Set in France 1944, black and white. NO CGI.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Recently shown on TCM. Excellent film with action, intrigue, plot twists and great performances by all. Much better than the Monument Men. See it if you have the chance. Now on TCM on Demand. Good chess match between Nazi Colonel and Resistance Leader. Set in France 1944, black and white. NO CGI.

Paul Scofield vs Burt Lancaster.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of note: Train derailment scene where several cameras got wiped out. One camera got the action.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made sure to get this DVD in the collection so I can re-watch it every so often. Good story and equally good acting. I really enjoy Paul Scofield's acting and diction - especially in "The Train" and "A Man For All Seasons".

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post