SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Perhaps a proper GhostBusters sequel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perhaps a proper GhostBusters sequel Login/Join 
posted
Paul Rudd, bunch of kids (Stranger Things vibe) and a whole lot of references to the original 80's movies. No girl power evident Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of that!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll watch for the release, sounds good.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm generally disappointed in sequels but this one looks like fun. I'll be looking for it.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Like every movie of the last few years, the trailer looks nice.

The way Hollywood does trailers though, you'd think they'd actually open turd-polish stores.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I will wait until after it has been in the theater for a day or two just to see if it turns out to be a real let down, at the same time I am really looking forward to this movie and will likely Go to the theater to watch this movie (something that I haven’t down since 2017).

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Could actually be good. Some of the original cast is supposed to be in it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Would be cool to seen Rick Moranis in it.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does look good and hopefully a good one to see with the kids. My 15yo loves Stranger Things

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Would be cool to seen Rick Moranis in it.

You bet. I thought I read somewhere that he gave up acting to take care of his kids.

It would be nice to see Annie Potts again. And if memory serves, didn't her character and the guy that hid all the equipment and left the farm after he died have a thing going on? So she might make sense.

Sigourney Weaver is always a pleasure as is Dan Aykroyd.

Heard Bill Murray was always being a turd toward doing anything with the show.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
It does look good and hopefully a good one to see with the kids. My 15yo loves Stranger Things

My wife and I, both far past 15 years old Smile, love Stranger Things.

As for this sequel: Cover looks great. Have to wait to see what's inside.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

My wife and I, both far past 15 years old Smile, love Stranger Things.

As for this sequel: Cover looks great. Have to wait to see what's inside.

Looks like it has Mike from Stranger Things in it. Probably what gives it that vibe.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Looks like it could be fun.

RIP Harold Ramis. Hope his writing touch in the original is matched.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I really would love to see Rick Moranis even if just for a small scene.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I loved the original as a kid. I am cautiously optimistic for this sequel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Like every movie of the last few years, the trailer looks nice.

The way Hollywood does trailers though, you'd think they'd actually open turd-polish stores.

I agree. When the Jurassic World trailer came out it looked great, similar to this with the play on nostalgia, and the movie was just meh.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks promising.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that this will be good!

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw a blurb somewhere (can't remember where for the life of me) that all of the original cast have an appearance in this one.

With CGI it wouldn't surprise me if Harrold Ramis even makes an appearance.

Assuming what I think I remember seeing, or was it reading, was true. Wink

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post