Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2018 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yamaha has a design flaw in the engine (crankshaft is too light) and engines are sealed for the year upon the first race. They’ll try to mitigate it at the tests at Misano and Aragon with software changes but it’s all uphill. Rossi told them what was wrong over a year ago and for a year they’ve sat on their hands. Chief Yamaha engineer for MotoGP held a press conference on Saturday where he apologized to the riders publicly. Never seen anything like this from a Japanese factory.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It was an exciting last 3 laps for sure. JL99 did good to hold Marquez off. That Ducati power was definitely on display. Dovi biffed it and he knew it. If Crutchlow had anyone pushing around him, he would have dropped the front end like he always does. Petrux was lucky he didn’t have to drop a spot for exceeding track limits. Rossi with his late push got himself a few more points. Wish the issues would have been taken care of last year for Yamaha, but it sounds like they know there is a problem and are looking to correct it for next year. Rins had a good start but seemed to fade once his grip started to go. Once he figures out how to consistently not overwork his bike and himself, he’ll be a better contender. Zarco fell off hard toward the end of the race too. Too bad. The races are more fun to watch with him mixing it up in the front. Ianonne proves again that he didn’t deserve the Ducati and I am glad they went with Petrux, though I am sure Ducati is second guessing themselves for letting Jorge go next year.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Dean Adams on Silverstone, and I could not agree more:

https://www.superbikeplanet.co...here-is-the-outrage/

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Dean Adams is legendary in the fact that he steals other journalists work and passes it off as his own. Quit reading his bullshit over ten years ago. But on this occasion, he’s mostly correct. Pringle is an idiot and handled the tire affair like an amateur. Deflecting the blame at Dorna, the Riders, the Safety Commision, and anyone else he could think of. The circuit cheaped out in a repave using a shoddy contractor and failed to insure safety for the event and riders. But I do not agree with him slandering Capirossi, who’ve I’ve met on multiple occasions. That man gives a damn. He reached for decades, including 500 cc 2 strokes when they were the premier class. Loris said the racessould be canceled, agreed with the riders, etc. the correct decision was made to not race. Someone would have surely died.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Hey fellas, if you were watching on BeIN Sports, make sure you still have it. DirecTV dropped it on the 28th of Aug and I didn't realize it Mad

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Motogp.com subscriber for 15 years or so now. Signed up the minute they offered it. All practices, qualifying, interviews, press conferences, even the awards deal at the end of the season. And you can go back and watch any race of any season you want.

Marc started up some drama in the press conference then he started up in practice too. Great racer may be the best, but can’t stand him. C’mon Vale, you’ve got a gear left.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Pre, I agree that Marc has talent, but I think some of those on track have just about had their fill with him. I'd like to see Rossi punt his little ass off the track and into the litter, for a little payback from earlier this season and of course to watch MM93's fans go apeshit.

I'd love to subscribe to motogp.com for the races and such, but I live out in the country with satellite internet, so casual internet surfing is about the best I can do. Data caps suck!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Pre, I agree that Marc has talent, but I think some of those on track have just about had their fill with him. I'd like to see Rossi punt his little ass off the track and into the litter, for a little payback from earlier this season and of course to watch MM93's fans go apeshit.

I'd love to subscribe to motogp.com for the races and such, but I live out in the country with satellite internet, so casual internet surfing is about the best I can do. Data caps suck!

Man I’m sorry for your limited availability out there. I’ve watched every practice, qualifying, press conference, race, etc for over 15 years now. Been watching the sport for 20. The best thing is no commercials or interruptions so you get to watch the whole thing.

I’m watching FP3 now, few riders on the track but the track is drying out from overnight rain. FP4 and the rest of the weekend should be dry.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Baaaaaad monkey!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
^^^^He's done!

He might be able to use his talent somewhere, it just won't be on a GP track! He could have had words after the race, but NOOO. Gotta be a dickhead for the entire world to see (and it wasn't his first time Wink)

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I keep reading this jackwagon has done stuff before. What did he do previously?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I keep reading this jackwagon has done stuff before. What did he do previously?

Kick at another rider, switched another rider’s bike off. Like muted said, he’s done. Valentino kicked him out of his VR|46 Academy prior to this for his asshole ways. He is done. He could have killed that kid pulling that shit. I’ve been on track, with a friend, and pinched them on the elbow horsing around as I passed them, and having fun. Mashing the front brake lever is another matter. That’s a high side you could have caused. F’in dipshit, may have not ruined his career but just put a massive blow into it. You piss people off in this sport, you don’t come back.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Fenati says he will retire

Italian Motorcycle Federation take Romano Fenati’s licence away and initiates proceedings, he says he's done.

“On 11 September 2018 the Federal Tribunal of the IMF met to examine the request for precautionary measures against Romano Fenati presented by the Federal Prosecutor Antonio De Girolamo.

“At the expense of Romano Fenati (vice president of the Italian Motorcycling Academy Motorcycle Club, IMF card holder and in possession of an IMF Elite license), the violation of article 1.2 of the Justice Rules is contested in relation to the incident occurred on 9 September 2018 during the Race of the Moto 2 World Championship of the San Marino and Rimini Riviera Grand Prix against the competitor Stefano Manzi.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
One guy here in Texas did that at a CMRA race. Grabbed another's front brake.

He was gone before we loaded our bikes on the trailers.

And we have guns here....LOL

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I finally got a chance to watch San Marino. Damn those Ducati bikes have power and tons of straight line speed. I loved watching JL’s front wheel keep coming off the ground as he battled Marquez.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The brake grabber was ridiculous, glad to see everyone swarm him. And him be gone.

Friend of mine who races shared this classic some time ago, not nearly as dangerous and sorta funny!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrbIkuScXoY

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I knew Suzuki would have a decent day today. How did I know? My access to coverage was cut by AT&T (I am canceling my service with them tomorrow) and whenever I can’t watch em they do remarkably well. Social media had a post this morning of Iannone mixing it up with MM and Dovi for the lead and I grumbled to myself “of-course..fucking figures”. Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Rins ate his rear tire up just a little too early to best Iannone but both did well. MM, Dovi, and Iannone put on a hell of a show at turn 15 on lap #18. They went 3 wide around there with MM sandwiched between Dovi and Ianonne. Don't know how he stayed focused, but he held it and picked up the win after Dovi finished cooking his rear tire with 2 laps to go.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
A good battle for the podium.

Rossi did well to come back. Man Yamaha is in deep shit. No development for 20 months. 40 years since this kind of losing streak. Yamaha brass should be embarrassed as fuck. And we are heading to Motegi soon. Marquez will likely be crowned there, at Honda’s track, on a Honda, while the Yamaha brass will also be there sucking their got damn thumbs.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Everyone seems to squawk about how Rossi should retire and let some younger riders in, but when the bike works, he has the pace. Rossi did very well to get to 8th from 17th. I agree that Yamaha is fucked this year. Maybe next year the engineers will be able to put a package together that allows more than a few 3rd place finishes.

The drama has already begun for next season though. Lorenzo feels that Marquez shut him out on that 1st turn leading to his high-side. That team is off to a great start Roll Eyes Personally, I think they deserve one another Big Grin