Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2018 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was reading Lorenzo will be in a boot for over a week. Seems he messed his foot up a bit when he got punted off his Ducati.

Rossi doesn’t need to consider retirement. Look how Maverick is struggling. It happens, they will just need to fix the bike. Yes it sucks. I’m a Suzuki fan so I’ve enjoyed the 2018 season more than the previous awful lost season. That said I still root for Maverick & Rossi to do well. It’s not the same when they are not near the front of the pack. Yamaha will get the M1 sorted out. It’s just a matter of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Everyone seems to squawk about how Rossi should retire and let some younger riders in, but when the bike works, he has the pace. Rossi did very well to get to 8th from 17th. I agree that Yamaha is fucked this year. Maybe next year the engineers will be able to put a package together that allows more than a few 3rd place finishes.

The drama has already begun for next season though. Lorenzo feels that Marquez shut him out on that 1st turn leading to his high-side. That team is off to a great start Roll Eyes Personally, I think they deserve one another Big Grin

That’s just the Rossi haters running their ass, I mean their mouth. He beat Lorenzo several years before Lorenzo went to Ducati (beat his team mate after returning from Ducati on the turd). It’s clearly a lack of development. Iwata hasn’t developed the M1 since 2015. Rossi just doesn’t have that much time left, and Ago’s record of all wins across all classes is in sight, so it’s a damn shame. Valentino is already the greatest premier class rider of all time with the most wins (89), but he wants the #1 wins across all classes. He has 115, Ago has 122.

Stick, Suzuki lost their concessions this past weekend at Aragon. With Iannone’s podium, no more unlimited testing and new engines. They’ll have to seal their engines at the beginning of the season like Ducati, Honda, and Yamaha. And submit to the strict testing regiment of Dorna.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo is really racking up those frequent flyer miles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Lorenzo is really racking up those frequent flyer miles.

Looked like he was getting tumble dried once he hit the ground. Ducati has admitted something was wrong with the bike, not his riding. Pretty spectacular to watch though Eek

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Sunday's race was quite good. MM93 finally out Dovi'ed Dovi on the last corner. The Yamaha's made a better showing and Rin's is starting to look like a stud on that Suzuki. If JL99 were racing Sunday, it would have looked quite a bit different I think, but overall, it was a nice race to watch.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
At least it didn’t rain. That area of the world can flood in minutes.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki is looking strong! Rins did pretty good. Tough race for the Rossi fans....damn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo Retires!
Superbike Planet

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Lorenzo Retires!
Superbike Planet

Yeah. I called that one after his crash. I think that he had a very eye opening experience and figured he better get while the getting is good. Every time he's been back on a bike, he's been very timid, almost scared looking. That Honda beat his ass and beat it hard!

Now, who are we thinking will get his ride? Bautista's name has been said, but I'm not quite sold on that. Not gonna be Cal Crutchlow. Too old and crashes too much. Who then??? Confused

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Zarco will be on one of the Honda’s filling the gap if I was wagering.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I would say Zarco is the main contender currently, and the entire reason they brought him in for the last 3 races. HRC knew JL99 was done, so they wanted to give someone a shot at getting familiar with the bike before he announced. The only caveat to this is Yamaha's Euro test team. Folger is out and it was rumored that Zarco was getting the spot and had a contract all done up. I'd expect Zarco to back out of a test rider contract in favor of a 1 year GP contract though.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I would say Zarco is the main contender currently, and the entire reason they brought him in for the last 3 races. HRC knew JL99 was done, so they wanted to give someone a shot at getting familiar with the bike before he announced. The only caveat to this is Yamaha's Euro test team. Folger is out and it was rumored that Zarco was getting the spot and had a contract all done up. I'd expect Zarco to back out of a test rider contract in favor of a 1 year GP contract though.

There is also Alex Marquez and Marc has all the control in the world with HRC. I would not be surprised to see Alex on Cal's bike and Cal to Repsol. I do know this situation was the entire point to put Zarco on the bike. GP, what the factory says and reality is rarely the same thing. They all knew this was coming. They just kept it quiet but Zarco being on the bike is pretty crystal. And Yamaha could have told him to do it to get the information and then put him as the test rider, with a huge salary. WE just won't know until it all plays out.

I do know if I see Alex on the Repsol team I'm going to vomit all over the house.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I do know if I see Alex on the Repsol team I'm going to vomit all over the house.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, but so far, it is looking like a Marquez 2-fer at Repsol Honda. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news...onda-for-2020/319950

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
We'll see a quick exit once that Honda bucks baby Marquez like it did Lorenzo. Not many people have found the machine to their liking.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pathetic. Puig was stating “This is not because of him being Marc’s brother, it’s because he is Moto2 champion”. Yeah right Alberto. Off to hurl. They should just give Marc the 2020 trophy and don’t even run the season. Just have Moto3 and Moto2.