Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2018 Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Jack Miller (AUS) #43 stays on board during the race. Okay, during qualifying, he crashes.

Miller's 2017 Le Mans crash doesn't appear to have affected his performance ...

Marquez's choice to run a hard tire for Le Mans got him to the podium.

Well, that is, after the leaders crashed out, one ... by ... one.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Didn't get a chance to see it, but Tito Rabat took a spill and seems to have broken his arm. Don't think it's gonna affect much, other than getting him off his bike a bit earlier than he'd have liked

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Iannone just said he is leaving Suzuki at the end of the season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Iannone just said he is leaving Suzuki at the end of the season.

Looks like Joan Mir is getting his ride. Honestly, I think Petrux is gonna get the Duc and Iannone will end up at Aprilia. Maybe the other way around, but I doubt it.

Word on the street is JL99 and Syahrin55 are going to a satellite Yamaha team backed by Petronas. We shall see on that account, but probably a good move by JL99. Maybe he'll be competitive for more than 5 laps on the Yammie Razz

Seems Syahrin's consistency has been noticed. Definitely my favorite rookie for the season. Hoping to see some him place higher and higher as he gets more experience on the big bikes.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this will effect Suzuki’s competitiveness? They are definitely improving currently. 2017 was a terrible season and Suzuki Ecstar has been much more competitive this year. I hope this doesn’t result in another completely lost season, I love seeing a Suzuki mix it up with Honda and Yamaha at the front of the pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder how this will effect Suzuki’s competitiveness? They are definitely improving currently. 2017 was a terrible season and Suzuki Ecstar has been much more competitive this year. I hope this doesn’t result in another completely lost season, I love seeing a Suzuki mix it up with Honda and Yamaha at the front of the pack.

The Suzuki bosses in Japan are some stubborn sons of bitches. They should keep Andrea. He’s fast as hell and has big brass ones. They are setting themselves back by taking Mir over Iannone or Lorenzo.

Still waiting to see who is gonna get the Repsol seat. Lorenzo would be a fool not to take it, Mir as well. It’s the best bike on the grid.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Re: Repsol...DP26 will likely retire because the little fella just keeps getting beat up, year after year.

As to who gets the seat? Maybe we haven't been looking at the person MM93 (and more importantly, his dad) wants the most...Alex. Rumor was he tested on the Honda last year and was as fast/faster than Marc with it. I'd be curious to see what really happens here.

Whomever the seat goes to will have some pretty big shoes to fill in regards to overall consistency. DP26 was always a bridesmaid, never a bride, but he can put down times others only dream about.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Rumor was he tested on the Honda last year and was as fast/faster than Marc with it.

That was some real bad intel from some Spanish journalists playing on some folks sensationalism and fanaticism. Not an ice cube’s chance in hell. Sorry.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Valentino Rossi on pole and the fastest lap in history at the greatest motorcycle track in the world. Great and fantastic fucking day! If he can pull it off tomorrow I’ll lose my voice or the neighbors will call the cops because I always keep a boat horn at home, for the GP races I attend, and that fucking boat horn will be going off here tomorrow if he can do it, same as you hear them being used at the track. 2016 Mugello was awful and a heart break. But Iannone, Márquez, Lorenzo, Marquez, Viñales, it’s anyone’s race tomorrow. 7-8 riders with similar pace. Dovi busted the top speed record for all of MotoGP with 221.4 MPH in practice. Pretty incredible considering the straight is only .7 mile. Not even 3/4 mile. Then Rossi busted the lap record today. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing race. MM93 taking himself out....Karma for trying to punt Petrux Big Grin

Lorenzo finally pulled one out of his ass and in quite a spectacular fashion I might add. Either they dialed his bike in, or more likely, he did it as a fuck you to Ducati (winning on 2 different bikes).

Rossi, Petrux, Ianonne, Rins, Crutchlow rode the hell out of their bikes and the battles between them started wearing their tires quickly. It was fun watching all the shuffling back and forth for 3rd place.

Disappointing to see Zarco back in 10th. I had him finishing 7th. Guess he still isn't over his drop in Le Mans Confused

Again, Syahrin outclassed the other rookies.

Poor DP26 is likely to retire at the end of the season and I think he's already winding down. Little fella just keeps getting pushed around and beat up. Not exactly sure what happened between him and Nakagami. Sure we'll hear about it later though.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Amazing race! I was on the edge of my seat watching Rossi mix it up with Iannone & Rins. MM not winning and taking himself out was also a nice change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No penalizarion for Márquez is bullshit. If Petrucci hadn’t picked up his bike that could have been a wreck. Goes unchecked again, Vale was right.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
No penalizarion for Márquez is bullshit. If Petrucci hadn’t picked up his bike that could have been a wreck. Goes unchecked again, Vale was right.

I've given up arguing the point with anyone. That sumbitch should have been black flagged after Argentina to teach him a little humility, but he's too big a cash cow to do that to it seems Mad Oh well, I bet it was glorious for Petrux when he cruised by while MM93 was sitting in the litter. Cool

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I've given up arguing the point with anyone. That sumbitch should have been black flagged after Argentina to teach him a little humility, but he's too big a cash cow to do that to it seems Mad Oh well, I bet it was glorious for Petrux when he cruised by while MM93 was sitting in the litter. Cool

If you are the rider or the two riders, sure. MJ got calls, the Patriots get calls no problem. Rossi got leeway but I’m all for letting stuff go in the last corner for a win. Trading paint is cool but nobody has ever gotten away with the shit Marc has. I remember 2015, him blocking and riding like an ass in front of Valentino at PI. It was crystal. Sepang was inevitable as he was back at again doing the same exact damn thing. 2 races in a row and Vale has enough and slowed them both down. Like a parent chastising a child. Then Rossi lost his tenth title over it. I hate Marc. I respect him, could be the greatest ever, but he is a prick. I’ve met him, seen him acting like a dick when he thought nobody was in his garage. He needs a black flag.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Bombshell: Sky Italia reporting Lorenzo has signed with Repsol to partner Márquez for 2019/2020. Wow! I remember Vale stating Emilio Alzamora had come up to him in the paddock stating “We’re gonna make sure you don’t win this year”, something Emilio never refuted. Then Valentino said Marc and Jorge were working together. Would confirm all that 100%.

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bombshell: Sky Italia reporting Lorenzo has signed with Repsol to partner Márquez for 2019/2020. Wow! I remember Vale stating Emilio Alzamora had come up to him in the paddock stating “We’re gonna make sure you don’t win this year”, something Emilio never refuted. Then Valentino said Marc and Jorge were working together. Would confirm all that 100%.

In addition, Petrucci named the second factory Duc rider today.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
quote:

In addition, Petrucci named the second factory Duc rider today.

I knew Petrux would end up on the Duc, but damn...J-Lo to Honda. Only thing I can figure is HRC wanted to keep J-Lo off a Yammie so he couldn't beat MM93. Now, they have all but guaranteed to keep him out of Marc's way since by all accounts, the Honda is even harder to ride than the Duc. Should be fun watching the drama in the garage though! As to MM and J-Lo working to keep Rossi off the podium....I believe that(probably sanctioned by Dorna too). 2 of the biggest weasels in Moto GP today.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Syahrin staying with Tech 3 for next year so he will be on a KTM. Hopefully between Syahrin, Zarco and Miguel Oliveira, there will be some KTM podiums.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The two biggest dickheads on the same team. Haha. Repsol is probably creaming their pants. The fist super Spanish team. 12 million per euro year is what Ducati is paying Lorenzo. His salary at HRC will be 4 million euro per year. Guarantee Repsol is merging that gap with at least 4 million paid direct to Yorga. Biggest or highest paying sponsor in the paddock is Repsol. Deepest mfr. pockets is Honda. Honda spends 20-30 million more per year than anyone else.
Puig, Márquez, and Lorenzo, the trifecta of ass holes. Wink

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post