Indy 500 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Anyone watching?

Anyone there?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I’m watching. Danica just wrecked. Didn’t see that coming.... Roll Eyes

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Watching. I know many are not fans of Danica but I had hoped she would have a good day for her last race of her career. Not so sure about all the changes made to this years cars. Seems they've gone backwards. Oh well....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Watching. I know many are not fans of Danica but I had hoped she would have a good day for her last race of her career. Not so sure about all the changes made to this years cars. Seems they've gone backwards. Oh well....

Yeah, they seem to have too much ass. Or at least compared to previous generations. She was not the only one to C & B without making contact with anyone.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Ain't nothin' like a piece of pussy. 'Cept maybe the Indy 500."

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Here's an image of how big the Brickyard is.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for providing some perspective of just how large the track is. I have been there for the F1 race, but this really helps give it some scale.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Yeah, they seem to have too much ass. Or at least compared to previous generations. She was not the only one to C & B without making contact with anyone.

I’m watching today, a front came through last night and it’s just not a great day to be outside. Yeah, not much downforce, I guess; a review of those cars that are out of the race disclosed that the majority just lost control.

I’m not a fan of racing organizations that put everyone in the same car. I enjoy a real difference between competing teams.

Funny though, the sound of the cars on the track at Indy is pretty much the same as I remember going way back to when I was a kid. How does that happen? A track full of modern Honda and Chevy engines sounds like the Offenhausers that raced at Indy decades ago.

ETA: I was not very entertained by the race. I don’t see myself making an effort to watch next year.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
First time in 25 years that I did not go to the race. Our recent PCS to Shaw and our new born limited our travel plans. The race reminded more of a race from the 90s with the limited passing and tricky car handling.

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Will Power.

Sucks for the two who had to pit with less than 6 laps to go.

Now I am watching Monaco. This is crazy. The country is smaller than the town I live in.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the Whitehouse being bigger than Yankee stadium.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

That's all three buildings, not just the White House.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched Indy in a long, long time. Used to be a tradition with me and my dad. We purposely wouldn't listen to the radio all day so we could watch ABC's tape delayed broadcast like it was live. Gone are the days with drivers with personality; Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, the Unsers, etc. I hate that it's become a spec car race. One of the great things with Indy was the technological innovation that came from racing. Now it's pretty much the same cars with different stickers.

Oh well, I'm starting to sound like an old fart now, time to go yell at the kids to get off my lawn.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I’m watching. Danica just wrecked. Didn’t see that coming.... Roll Eyes

Her pit crew forgot to put some phonebooks on her seat, she could see over the "dash." Big Grin

Was at SEMA a few years ago and got her autograph and a pic with her. She had a box about 8" tall which she stood on as she is something like 5'2"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I thought it was better than years past where they just went flat and drafted. They actually had to drive with the reduced downforce.

Lifting in the corners, even with sticker tires was nice to see. I’m also glad they got rid of those pseudo rear fenders.

Overall, not as much overtake, but a lot of that was contrived with the big aero packages. Drafting and drag won the races in recent past, driver, vehicle, strategy, and a bit of luck won this one

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I haven't watched Indy in a long, long time. Used to be a tradition with me and my dad. We purposely wouldn't listen to the radio all day so we could watch ABC's tape delayed broadcast like it was live. Gone are the days with drivers with personality; Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, the Unsers, etc. I hate that it's become a spec car race. One of the great things with Indy was the technological innovation that came from racing. Now it's pretty much the same cars with different stickers.

Oh well, I'm starting to sound like an old fart now, time to go yell at the kids to get off my lawn.

+1

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:

I was just talking about the middle part.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

Blame Tony George. It's his fault he sent American Open Wheel racing back to the stone age. It's only recently that they were able to get a second engine manufacturer. But after next week, we are done with Always Bad Coverage. Next year, they have a TV partner that actually gives a shit about Indycar, the sport has been growing year after year, 2021 will see an engine boost to 900 hp, and the possibility of a 3rd engine manufacturer. It's inching closer and closer to what it was, but even the way it is now, it's still the best and most exciting racing series in the world.

And Slick Willy P earned this one. It was a great day for Australia with Riccardo also winning Monaco. It's been one hell of a transformation of Will Power back from the Champ Car days, to his Indycar debut with Roger Penske as he would murder everyone on a road course and crash on a oval, to winning the greatest oval of them all.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:

I was just talking about the middle part.

Agreed. That scale looks way off.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
watched the last half - was very happy to see Will Power win

haven't watched the F1 yet - going to do that tonight

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post