SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    News of the World (Tom Hanks movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News of the World (Tom Hanks movie) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Waiting to see it later this week with wife, daughter and, daughter's boyfriend. The boyfriend is one of the bad guy's gang. Non speaking role.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Of two reviewers that I regularly listen to and, more often than not agree with, one disliked it and the other thought it was mediocre. The one who disliked it thought that while Tom Hanks did a good job with his character the young girl was completely unsympathetic and he felt it was incredibly slow moving, checked his watch every few minutes and couldn't wait for the movie to end...but I have to admit that the story line seems interesting so I'll probably watch it when it is available at the library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZDb_iKooI

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Not sure I can watch a Hanks film. Apollo 13 was on over the weekend and while I usually watch it, this time I had to ignore it.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
News

You have your title as "New of the World"

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Too PC (White people=Bad Racists/Indians (even those who kill white people and enslave their children)=oppressed and kindly). Hanks' acting is good, but his decision to work in this not so much. C- or D+ at best.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
News

You have your title as "New of the World"

Got it, thx.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I generally like Tom Hanks movies. He has talent. Watching this trailer, I came away thinking the plot was rather predictable. If it comes to one of my streaming services I'll watch it. I don't think I'll pay to watch it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it. I watched it mainly because my wife wanted to see it. We have very different tastes in movies and television, so we don't watch many things together. So when she wants to see something that I think I might like too, I try to watch it. I liked the movie. I thought it was decent and worth my time.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it over the weekend and agree with the reviewers in MDS' post, and also with Pullicord's opinion.

- slow, boring, PC, and I just could not muster any empathy for the girl. To me it felt as though I've seen the various segments of this movie done much better in others.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Long, slow, and boring. The little girl was a brat whom I had no sympathy for. The best scene was when Tom Hanks killed the three criminals on the mountain. That was pretty much the only interesting action in the entire movie.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post