SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Trial of the Chicago 7 - free this weekend only
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trial of the Chicago 7 - free this weekend only Login/Join 
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted
Netflix is commemorating the 51st anniversary of the verdict in the real trial with a free viewing on their Youtube channel. The 2020 Aaron Sorkin-directed film is a dramatized telling of the true story of how seven men associated with protesting the 1968 Democratic National Convention were put on trial after the peaceful protests escalated into full-blown violence.
Today and tomorrow only. If you're interested...

Youtube linky

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The Chicago Seven made my stomach turn back then and still to this day.FUCK THEM!

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Yeah, I can’t come up with a reason to have any interest in watching.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I watched and it does have left wing lean. I though it was interesting and a better use of 1.5 hours than most crap on TV these days. There was a lot of shit going on in that time period and it's hard to figure out who the good guys and bad guys are. I though it more depicted the corruption in Chicago, which was rampant in that ear. I lived there during these times and what we know now is completely different than the media reported. Hmm that sound familiar.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post