New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love Pluto TV Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted
Pluto TV is a free channel that I stream on both ROKU and Apple TV. I remember Para talking about it months ago. I checked it out have been watching old westerns, military channels, documentaries, and the paranormal channel. They have classic TV shows also where episodes of the Prisoner is shown. All in all, there must be 300 or more channels of some good, some not so good different offerings. A lot of the documentaries are things I’ve never seen before. I spend a lot of time watching Pluto even tho I have AT&TNow.
Anyways, last night I ran across 3 channels I’d never seen before. 1. A classic channel on old TV westerns including Roy Rogers, Northwest Passage and others. 2. The Rifleman channel 3. And the last one I really was excited about,,, A Johnny Carson channel. I’ll second Paras recommendation,, check out Pluto TV.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Love PlutoTv, especially Buzzr, which shows old gameshows from the 70s and 80s.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Pluto's cool. I've really been taking advantage of Tubi. I like their selection a little better.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a channel on Pluto that plays old Addams Family reruns 24/7. I've watched a few episodes. Brought back memories. Lurch, Thing, Morticia and the whole crew. Lots of fun.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yes Sigfest, they just added a 24 hr Johnny Carson channel. His 30 and 40 year old stuff is still funny. And it represents a respite from the leftist sewage that exists in late night instead of good comedy.

Lots of great free streaming channels available on Roku TV.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Had it for a bit to watch American Gladiators and forgot all about it.
Buddy reminded me about it and found they have a ton of old cartoon stuff for the kids which is way better than today’s crap.
Commercials are a minor annoyance since I have not watched commercials in probably 5 years. The kids have no clue and so I explained about the old days.

Now if they want to watch something on Pluto they ask if we can watch “old tv” and that is not a bad thing, they love it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just don't ask me to see what's on Uranus.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It's on Prime, too. I like it as well.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Commercials are insufferably numerous.
Selection is great!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Commercials are insufferably numerous.
Selection is great!

Agreed which is why my remote remains in hand so I can mute the offending interruptions.

Frankly I wish PlutoTV would adopt what Tubi and many others do. They warn of a commercial break in x seconds and show the number of commercials decrementing in a corner of the screen.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish METV was available

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I've not figured Pluto TV out yet,

Comcast has the app, and I seem to go straight to a channel ,
I can scroll up and down, but cannot find a menu screen to show me what is on the channels,

I found the Star Trek channel last night but it also locked up on me 15 minutes into the episode,

guessing Pluto and Comcast may be having some compatibility issues,

I went looking for the old UK show UFO, but no luck in finding that

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
The easiest thing is to make channels you like, a Favorite. It will put all your favorites together. The learning curve takes some time to figure it out.
When you see a channel you want to make a favorite, click it forward 1 show and it will show the preview, then look under the preview to see where it says favorites. Click on it. It then darkens out the Heart for a favorite and starts a favorite ‘folder’.
Go thru all the channels you want to easily find and put in favorites. Makes it easy to see shows you want to watch.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
The easiest thing is to make channels you like, a Favorite. It will put all your favorites together. The learning curve takes some time to figure it out.
When you see a channel you want to make a favorite, click it forward 1 show and it will show the preview, then look under the preview to see where it says favorites. Click on it. It then darkens out the Heart for a favorite and starts a favorite ‘folder’.
Go thru all the channels you want to easily find and put in favorites. Makes it easy to see shows you want to watch.

thanks for the tip

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

It's available on ROKU Channel and IMDbTV, both free
https://www.yidio.com/show/ufo

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

no roku, but will log in to IMDB

Banned
posted Hide Post
Pluto is good. Wish the guide was better.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

no roku, but will log in to IMDB

logged on to IMBD tv last night to watch UFO, got the first episode,

took a bit, apparently I had a login that I did not know I had, but once passwords changed etc etc it pulls right up,

a few commercials, probably less than 'regular TV,

and,

all the cheesy UK SciFi I remembered!

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
LastCubScout—- I checked out Tubi last nite. Lots of good stuff. And bald1 I will have to check out the other channels that ROKU has. Unbelievable how much free stuff there is. If it wasn’t for TCM, I’d be ditching AT&TNow.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
And bald1 I will have to check out the other channels that ROKU has. Unbelievable how much free stuff there is. If it wasn’t for TCM, I’d be ditching AT&TNow.

Open the Roku Channel "Live TV" icon link to get a channel line up of all the stuff Smile
You may have to scroll the top line of icons a bit to find it.

And yeah, since cutting the cord I've had zero desire to sign up for any of the pay streaming services.

USN (RET), COTEP #192