SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    JoJo Rabbit (Starring Hitler)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JoJo Rabbit (Starring Hitler) Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Looks interesting.

Description: Set during World War Two, an awkward young German boy whose only ally is his imaginary friend Hitler has his naïve patriotism tested when he meets a young girl who upends his world views.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Quirky historical satire... That looks great.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Mel Brooks. I look forward to this one.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Reminds me of Mel Brooks. I look forward to this one.

Mix in a little wes anderson too I think

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Definitely not a good time to be a Nazi,lol

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Wife and I were browsing the new releases on Prime last night and ran across Jojo Rabbit. The preview reminded me of a Family Guy type humor so we said why not. With neither of us knowing what to expect we watched it earnestly. It was funny, silly, irreverent, goofy, heartwarming and thoroughly enjoyable.

Maybe because we had zero expectations, but we both liked it. The guy who plays Hitler makes it humorous but there’s a lot of other subtle and overt humor throughout by other characters.

If you’ve nothing to do and want to kill less than 2 hours, I can think of worse things to do than watch Jojo Rabbit.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I recommend everything by Taika Waititi (except Thor--I can't get myself into that genre).

Year V

Posts: 2627 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The movie isn't starring Hitler. It's starring Taika Waititi, who is playing Hitler.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a pretty funny movie.
I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of good one liners in it.

And it's got Scarlett Johansson Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw it back when it debuted. I like it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The language was too strong for a child/child actor to be saying,in my opinion. While it had some funny parts, it was definitely not what I was expecting.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I saw it in the theater as it came out. Funny but hard to pigeonhole. Also has the capacity to make you think.

Worth seeing, IMO.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
It is now on Netflix and I found it quirky but enjoyable. That seems to be the director’s forte.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:
It is now on Netflix and I found it quirky but enjoyable. That seems to be the director’s forte.

It is? (Netflix)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It is? (Netflix)

Yes, they have it on disc. Not sure if Netflix is streaming it.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They're not.

(FYI - The phrase "on Netflix" has come to mean that Netflix is streaming it. Think of it as referring to a show on a traditional TV channel, like "on CBS", "on The History Channel, or "on TCM".)

It's available to rent through Amazon Prime for a reasonable price ($4 or $5). I watched it last week that way. It's well done and enjoyable, especially for a WW2 history nerd with a jacked up sense of humor, like me. Very quirky, but not in a pretentious hipster way like Wes Anderson's stuff.

While I liked it, but it's not a film that I'd plan on buying to rewatch.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post