SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apple's New Streaming Series "For All Mankind" Is Too Woke For Me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple's New Streaming Series "For All Mankind" Is Too Woke For Me! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
More woke, revisionist BS! Roll Eyes

I was looking forward to this but forget it now.

I’m already out. This is the same BS they tried with all all-female Ghostbusters. Men bad. Men weak. Women good. Women strong!

Screw that shit. Red Face

quote:

That Apple TV+ slate is filling up fast with some pretty legitimate-looking dramas, but this latest one might just take things all the way to the moon. For All Mankind, created by Emmy-winner Ronald D. Moore, imagines a world where the United States and NASA lost the space race to Russia. In an attempt to set some kind of record, America then pivots to putting the first woman on the moon, which I believe is called the Eowyn Loophole. It’s an intriguing premise that refreshingly takes a look at an alternate timeline that doesn’t immediately plunge the Earth into a YA dystopia, instead focusing on “an aspirational world where NASA and the space program remained a priority and a focal point of our hopes and dreams.”

Link

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if its called 'For All Mankind' why is the trailer featuring all women?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

This Woke, "Girl Power!" movement sucks.

They acknowledge in the trailer that they didn't have any women astronauts so they had to go out and appoint some. Roll Eyes

Didn't the Soviets actually send a woman into space and pretty early on?

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I see only one woman of color. I am disgusted at the lack of diversity!

Roll Eyes

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I see only one woman of color. I am disgusted at the lack of diversity!

Roll Eyes

Yep, needs more diversity. They fell short of the mark.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mankind with a bunch of women space cadets? Do they show all the men engineers behind the scenes?

I enjoyed the latest Men in Black movie, but once the woman started questioning the name of the agency, I rolled my eyes so hard I ended up in my neighbors house.

Got Dam. Just have fun for once! Your sad , angry, offended life will be over very soon compared to the age of the world.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift - National Geographic TV is making an adaptation of "The Right Stuff" to premiere in 2020.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Is one of them transgendered? If not, I refuse to watch. Wink

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

They acknowledge in the trailer that they didn't have any women astronauts so they had to go out and appoint some. Roll Eyes

Didn't the Soviets actually send a woman into space and pretty early on?

Yes they did, back on June 16, 1963.
Valentina Tereshkova in Vostok 6.
Took place between the last Mercury mission and the first Gemini unmanned test flight.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not interested unless the astronauts are really hot chicks in space bikinis, floating in zero gravity in suggestive poses.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Didn't they previously call this "penis envy"?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm not interested unless the astronauts are really hot chicks in space bikinis, floating in zero gravity in suggestive poses.

Already done, Barbarella circa 1968

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
An embarrassing admission, being old and knowing what I know, seeing Jane Fonda -- in her prime -- spread-eagle is disgusting. I can't get past what's in that head. God help me. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I just watched the last episode of the second season. I really like the show. A lot. I don't find it all that woke, perhaps my tolerance has gotten higher as of late.

There is plenty of cold war tension, heroic acts by both men and women, sex, violence, and general mayem to keep me entertained. The soundtrack is pretty sweet, apple must have worked out some great royalties or having iTunes probably helped a bunch.

I find it to be one of the better Sci-Fi offerings.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Wanted to watch a space movies so i stumbled to it. Jumped right in and it was all about race and politics. Black people this and women that. I stopped watch...Yeah too woke for me too.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Just keep watching. Everyone is just as capable of dying as anyone else.

And they do.

The Russians are not the good guys in the series.

At all. It shows just how niave starry eyed leftists truly are in spades.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of Star Trek Discovery as it has it's share of that nonsense, disappointing what they made it into. I'll vote with my $$ to watch or not. It seems that it doesn't matter if its Amazon or Netflix hey both are loaded with this kind of content.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Just keep watching. Everyone is just as capable of dying as anyone else.

And they do.

The Russians are not the good guys in the series.

At all. It shows just how niave starry eyed leftists truly are in spades.

I'm not going to provide any spoilers, but the last scene of the last episode of this season exemplifies your description. I think the depiction of Ronald Reagan is complimentary, regardless of the "wokeness" and over-the-top individualism regularly portrayed. It's a good series IMHO, certainly worthy of a B+ rating.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My favorite character so far has been Richard Nixon.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite character so far has been Richard Nixon.

OK, now I'm interested. Seems we're subscribed to Apple One so I think we can watch it.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post