SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Gumball Rally
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gumball Rally Login/Join 
Honor and Integrity
posted
I looked forward this past week to watching "The Gumball Rally" on TCM today. Nothing much to the plot, but it has lots of cool cars. I wrote down the wrong time and only saw the last 45 minutes. Frown

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it on the guide and recorded it. I'll watch it when my wife isn't home, Ill be interested to see how I like it all these years later.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving, what's a behind me, is not important." Cool

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
I watched it again a couple years ago and still enjoyed it after all these years. I think it has held up much better than the Cannonball Run movies.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was a good movie

but I do think Cannonball Run 1 was a pretty good flick...

had a great cast and I think the outtakes were pretty funny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"There are some who will use any means to try and stop us. Some of you won't make it. For those of you who do, there'll be no glory, no headlines. But, just a few magic hours flat-out against the redline, with no catalytic converter and no 55 mile-an-hour speed limit! Ladies and gentlemen, the Gumball Rally has begun!"

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a classic. The Ferrari Daytona vs Cobra scenes are top notch. My favorite is, when the two cars exit the old Pan Am building early in the morning and head flat out up Park Avenue .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Saw those when I was kid. It would be good to see them again.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not currently available on Netflix

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember: but I do thing Cannonball Run 1 was a pretty good flick...

Yes it was.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The New York morning scene is fantastic, particularly in surround sound. Ideally when the family is not home...

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
"And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving, what's a behind me, is not important." Cool

The best line in any car movie, ever.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31426 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
SigForum has seldom steered me wrong.
This was once.
I'm sitting here shaking my head that I watched the whole thing.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This was once.

You are obviously not a car person.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Stan

I though you would have liked this

you're a car person...

CARdiologist... Big Grin

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Not a car person? At my age, I think about cars more than about sex...well....
I just didn’t think it was funny. Not even about the “terminal” XK-E.

Oh, and thanks NHTM! That was funny. Even though I’m now reTIREd.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ha!

Big Grin nice comeback - hadn't even considered that..

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was once.

Your fault for not being able to watch it with all the added nostalgia. If you'd seen it in '76 you'd like it more today. Smile

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a car person? At my age, I think about cars more than about sex...well....
I just didn’t think it was funny. Not even about the “terminal” XK-E.

Oh, and thanks NHTM! That was funny. Even though I’m now reTIREd.

You mean it was supposed to be funny? What made it great were the sights and sounds of two of my favorite cars, the Ferrari Daytona and the Shelby 427 Cobra.