SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies that have those wreath awards on the advertising poster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies that have those wreath awards on the advertising poster Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it yet but I want to. The guy who made it is the same guy who made In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths which are both excellent films.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was in a store walking past the the DVD's and for whatever reason I happened to catch and read the wreath on one of them. It said "Winner of the ### #### film festival" (the university I work at). I literally laughed out loud at that. I recall reading it thinking "wow, that's not saying much" and hoping some poor sucker in a another state didn't see that and think that it actually held any weight. Big Grin

(Of course as irony would have it, the film interested me and I bought it. Pretty good for a low budget effort.)

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed Three billboards. The spousal unit not so much.
It had a Cohen Bros. / Fargo touch.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

Explosions and car chases are like the circus - seen one, seen 'em all (for the most part).

Not anymore. They have to explode with lots of firecrackers in the back seat. Oh, and they have to park the car over some triggered hydraulic ram to send the car so high you'd think it was being driven by Harry Potter.

That stupid F+F series is the worst.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched Three Billboards last night. Not exactly what I expected. I thought the acting was excellent, while the script was very weak.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen Three Billboards, but it looks like an excellent cast.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your take, marksman41. Sounds pretty much like what I would expect, another sticky if not wet Hollywood dream. If it shows up for free on tv, I'll watch. For a while anyway.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post