SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pilot movies and serials. (no, not the flying kind...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pilot movies and serials. (no, not the flying kind...) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
In the thread about short run series, the mention of "A Boy and His Dog", lead me to the Pilot movie for a series that was canceled, but came back as "Timeless".

Now I watched "Timeless", but the people who were acting the parts, were simply, droll.

However, the pilot is a pretty good movie. It has a few quirks, but that is typical in most pilots, as the actors are not always well immersed in the study of the characters, and that either builds in the series, or other changes that "work" are written in and out as required.

So, as most pilots are to be taken as a proof of concept, and typically not expected to stand on their own.

"Rewind" does a pretty good job of being a movie.

And if "Timeless" had followed more closely to this Pilot, it may have been a better series.

If you need something to watch...

https://youtu.be/Vi6u14oGmh0

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post