SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Raised by Wolves starts tomorrow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raised by Wolves starts tomorrow Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else intrigued by this? Directed by Ridley Scott, so it looks great, but not sure about the underlying subject matter. Looks like possibly psychotic female android protects atheist children from evil religious humans (Christians?). Hope it’s not just SJW trope of “religion is bad”.

https://youtu.be/rE92bDAlPXI

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been seriously considering an HBO Max subscription to watch this series. I think the first three episodes are out now - I haven't heard much regarding them at this time so not sure if that's good or bad...

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first one. It’s interesting, and I’m curious where it’s going to go. The first episode gets pretty dark at the end.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started watching this on Sunday and am really intrigued by it. I am enjoying it so far !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That looks totally badass. I’ll check it out.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I watched the first season a little while back. The premise/worldbuilding is great, and the visuals are pretty cool, but the plot kinda went off the rails towards the end of the season. In the end, I was a little disappointed with its execution vs. its potential. But it's still fairly interesting, and worth watching if you like sci-fi.

quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Looks like possibly psychotic female android protects atheist children from evil religious humans (Christians?).

One of the factions is hyper-religious, but they're not Christian. Their religion is actually based around a Roman-Zoroastrian sun god, Mithras/Sol.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Once Jax Teller got there, you just knew the Myan settlers were doomed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in. Well done and still interesting.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
..but the plot kinda went off the rails towards the end of the season.

Yes. Great start. What a nutty, terrible CGI, leap off the rails though.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Where'd the kid pick up a British accent?!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Where'd the kid pick up a British accent?!

Father?

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I suppose. But Campion's accent is much thicker than Father's.

Also, if the athiests had a few more of the Mother models, perhaps the religious faction wouldn't have lasted long enough to build an ark.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Also, if the athiests had a few more of the Mother models, perhaps the religious faction wouldn't have lasted long enough to build an ark.

[Minor spoilers ahead]

The Necromancers are Mithraic technology. Mother was just special, having been captured and reprogrammed by the Athiests.

So even if they did the same and reprogrammed a few more, the Athiest's few Necromancers would still be outnumbered by all the Necromancers built and operated by the Mithraic.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to watch more than just the first episode...Wink

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Just finished episode 10.
That finale didn’t explain shit. There had better be a second season.

posted Hide Post
I too finished the last episode. Anyone know when the 2nd season will begin ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3057 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there is a 2nd season and if so when will it start ?? Thank you and God Bless Smile

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Damnit!

I read the thread title and didn't look at the dates. Thought the second season was out!

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
... the plot kinda went off the rails towards the end of the season.

"Kinda?" We watched episode 6 night-before-last. I don't know as we'll ever get to ep. 7. My wife and I both felt it had gone too badly off the rails to be interesting any longer. Between ep. 5 and ep. 6 there were simply too many plot holes, inconsistencies, and irrationalities to allow it to hold our interest any longer.

Not going to detail them because I don't want to introduce (more) spoilers into the thread.

The series is riddled with them all along, but the flaws just got worse and worse. Reminds me of the new Lost In Space. Stopped watching that for the same reason. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Hollyweird needs better writers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This next season has potential, hope they don't eff it up

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post