SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Saw My Cousin Vinny Again Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw My Cousin Vinny Again Today Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is an excellent movie. It is much more realistic than most movies that include courtroom scenes, so it doesn't make lawyers cringe.

THIS! I HATE lawyer movies or movies about trials (or shows for that matter). But this movie I can watch every time and I do use parts of it from time to time in trial during voir dire or closing argument.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Definitely a great flick.
And Fred's last film. He passed away less than a year later. But he went out on top of his game, capping a forty year career that was certainly more diverse than just "Herman Munster".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
So many great scenes in that flick. But, the stuttering public defender was where I spit out my Cocoa Puffs.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My Dad has this sweatshirt, he loves that movie:

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

A while back, I read that attorneys considered My Cousin Vinny to be the most realistic film in regards to the inside of a courtroom, particularly the interaction between Pesci and Gwynne.

It is true. Most movies and show about courtroom stuff are so unrealistic that they are unwatchable for lawyers. Scripts have the lawyers make bullshit objections, and allow absolutely inadmissible evidence in without a peep, just as an example. This movie mostly gets that stuff right, and is still an entertaining movie.

Even though most days in the courtroom are dry as burnt toast and boring. It is hard to make a lot of testimony in civil trials very interesting.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
A number of advocacy teachers I work with use the cross of the old lady as a prime example of perception impeachment.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Great movie. Maybe the funniest I have ever seen.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one?

"Is it possible the 2 yutes"
"The 2 what?"

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instant grits?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits, when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
No one?

"Is it possible the 2 yutes"
"The 2 what?"

“I’m sorry Your Honor...the two YOOOTHVES”

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits, when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

Im a fast cook I guess.

I’m sorry, I was all the way over here, did you just say you’re a fast cook and that’s it?!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post