SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Devil went down to Georgia - by NICKELBACK???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Devil went down to Georgia - by NICKELBACK??? Login/Join 
posted
No link, not doin that to you.
We really need to get the corona virus shit over with, too many shitty covers coming out.

Corey Taylor was right, Nickelback is to metal as KFC is to chicken.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
Nickelback is to metal as KFC is to chicken.

No, Nickelback is to metal as KFC is to beef.

That is, Nickelback isn't metal, isn't close to metal, and they have never even claimed to be a metal band.

Corey Talor's quote is actually "Chad Kroeger (lead singer of Nickelback) is to rock what KFC is to chicken". No mention whatsoever of metal.

Nickelback claims to be "hard rock", but they're pop rock. Like fast food rock. Greasy, low quality, lacking any real substance, and leaves you unsatisfied.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
For a metal version, I prefer this:

[FLASH] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdeQIY0jjs [/FLASH]

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
KFC is waaaaaaaaaaay better at chicken thank Kroeger or NB is at anything.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Found it on YouTube, it did not suck nearly as much as I thought it would.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
“If you play a Nickelback song backwards you’ll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forwards you’ll hear Nickelback.”

Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters.

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nickelback claims to be "hard rock", but they're pop rock.
Their work after Silver Side Up, I agree. On that one and before, they were more "edgy."

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
For a metal version, I prefer this:

[FLASH] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdeQIY0jjs [/FLASH]

Or a punk version - the Toy Dolls "The Devil Went Down to Scunthorpe"

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7K8MHAZ0vY

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
Nickelback is to metal as KFC is to chicken.

No, Nickelback is to metal as KFC is to beef.

That is, Nickelback isn't metal, isn't close to metal, and they have never even claimed to be a metal band.

Corey Talor's quote is actually "Chad Kroeger (lead singer of Nickelback) is to rock what KFC is to chicken". No mention whatsoever of metal.

Nickelback claims to be "hard rock", but they're pop rock. Like fast food rock. Greasy, low quality, lacking any real substance, and leaves you unsatisfied.

Nickelback is to music as KFC is to beef.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh, who asked them to do this? Same with Korn, and I love Korn but they just need to stop it, and stop it now.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post