SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hell or High water Great music and movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hell or High water Great music and movie Login/Join 
posted
Just saw it on dish. I know I' m behind the curve, but I usually wait for movies to appear on cable. First two songs by Townes Van Sant and Ray Wylie Hubbard, two great Tex songwriters. I figured it had to be a good movie with the two songs at the start. It was. Jeff Bridges was great as a Texas Ranger. If you've spent any time in West Texas, this movie captures it. Screenwriter Taylor Sheriden grew up on a ranch in Bosque county. Says he'd still be there if family hadn't lost the ranch. He attended Tex state. Is an actor who appeared in Sons of Anarchy. He also wrote the script for sicario.

Having spent years working for a Texas county government, I've been around a lot of rural lawmen. Bridges nailed it. Even carries a 1911. Reminded me of a couple I've known.

I highly recommend. Filmed in New Mexico but easily passes for Lubbock, Midland and areas beyond. I believed it.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Now I see the earlier post. Guess I'm late to the party.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please feel free to delete my original post. I reposted under the earlier post.