New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballers Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Anybody else a fan of this and Dwayne Johnson?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I like the show. It’s only 30 minutes (airtime usually 20 something minutes) so I’ve watched since the first episode. Not a big Rock fan though.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched a handful of episodes, it's entertaining ...to a point. It's trying to be like Entourage of the football world.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It's entertaining and I'll usually catch it on an off night in repeat but don't consider it must see TV.

Is it just me... ? Rock look extremely uncomfortable in that tight suit. T

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
i stopped watching it last year. first two episodes didnt suck me in like the first seasons

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
So far I’ve really enjoyed this series, mostly because I am a fan of Dwayne Johnson. This year it seems to have gone off the rails with the whole sports X thing and now the last two episodes are running a huge racial injustice theme with most all white guys portrayed as spoiled, elitist, corrupt racists. Not very entertaining. I hope it turns itself around before the end of the season. It’s another case of me having enough time invested in the series that I have to let it play out.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
So far I’ve really enjoyed this series, mostly because I am a fan of Dwayne Johnson. This year it seems to have gone off the rails with the whole sports X thing and now the last two episodes are running a huge racial injustice theme with most all white guys portrayed as spoiled, elitist, corrupt racists. Not very entertaining. I hope it turns itself around before the end of the season. It’s another case of me having enough time invested in the series that I have to let it play out.

Exactly the way I feel and it is interesting that HBO is starting some shit with NCAA, first on Ballers and then the new show that starts tomorrow

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
They switched a lady social justice director for season 4. Not really a show that will get by being woke. Season 4 has been terrible.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished binge watching season 4 and I'm done with it. I really liked the show for the prior 3 seasons but, like others have mentioned, the "I support Kaepernick" crap and racist bullshit has turned me away from watching any more episodes.

What bothered me the most was when Rickie goes off on how he grew up poor being brought up by his mom, government cheese, and white bread. No mention at all about why daddy-the-professional-football-player wasn't around or providing support. No, it wasn't the fucked up choices his mother and father made - it was all whitey's fault because America's racist, you know, and the man is keeping black people down. Not one reflective moment about how he, his parents, and his culture could have anything to do with how his life was and is.

A lot of respect I had for Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg (both producers of the show) is gone because of their support for, and spin of, this racist movement.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post