SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Marvels Defenders - Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvels Defenders - Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I might be a bit of a nerd since I love Marvel & DC stuff.

Anyone else excited for this. It dropped on Netflix today. Going to start my binge watching tonight.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I finished Jessica Jones recently. Gotta watch Luke Cage and Iron Fist first.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
YUP, excited too.

Just got Netflix this month and have been binging on all of these series.

Cool

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I finished Jessica Jones recently.

HIGH FIVE

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm off today......it's not bad. Some great moments so far, like when Iron Fist and Luke Cage first meet. Smile

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I purposely avoided seeing Luke Cage and Iron Fist. But since Daredevil is in the new series, I'll probably watch The Defenders.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I watched Jessica Jones and Daredevil from start to finish. Iron Fist put me to sleep and Luke Cage hasn't made it on my screen yet. I'll probably check into The Defenders, but I'm not putting high expectations on it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I rate the series as follows:
Jessica Jones > A+
Daredevil > A
Luke Cage > B+
Iron Fist > B

YMMV

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Jessica Jones > A+
Daredevil > A
Luke Cage > B+
Iron Fist > B

YMMV

I really liked The Punisher as well!

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There was a Punisher series?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There will be, but not yet.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Lol. People call Daredevil season two the Punisher series.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Lol. People call Daredevil season two the Punisher series.

Crap. You are right! Totally forgot it wasn't a stand alone!

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I'm off today......it's not bad. Some great moments so far, like when Iron Fist and Luke Cage first meet. Smile

Yeah, that was pretty good. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Jessica Jones > A+
Daredevil > A
Luke Cage > B+
Iron Fist > B

YMMV

I'd go DD1, DD2, LC, JJ, then IF. Defenders is (so far) in 3rd place after DD2.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
There was a Punisher series?

I know he was in Daredevil quite a bit and I read there is an actual series coming in Sep or Oct ???

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You said "series" that you liked, and myrottiety quoted you saying he liked The Punisher, as if there was a series. I knew there wasn't one. Just calling him out on it.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I watched the entire iron fist season 1, painstakingly. Fell alseep so many times the Mrs and I joked about it being our bedtime show. Got to about episode 3 on luke cage, just did not care for his story at all. Daredevil and Jessica jones were both entertaining though JJ was a bit annoying at times. Guess we have a kid free weekend to binge the Defenders series.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
You gave Iron Fist a B? Why?

The guy is supposed to be the Zen Master of the Iron Fist, not some naieve whiney EMO white guy.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post