SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PS-4 Game - Horizon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PS-4 Game - Horizon Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Son in law and stepson are software testers at Sony and been playing this for a while, now they're playing a released version.

The main character looks a little like my daughter. Lol

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty far along on it; amazing game so far.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I agree, fantastic game - I couldn't put it down and look forward to DLC - probably not a game many on sigforum would look at but the combat is so intense with no framerate issues every battle feels like an accomplishment. I should mention I play on a PS4 Pro on a Vizio 4K tv and this game is easily the best graphics I've seen to date

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this Zero Dawn? (most recent release I could find). Always looking for a great game

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
is this Zero Dawn? (most recent release I could find). Always looking for a great game

Yes. It is totally worth the purchase.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Yes. It is totally worth the purchase.

Thank you Sir. I will

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I couldnt get into it, the mix of future technology with primitive characters just doesnt feel right, the main character is uninteresting and so is the story so far, i played a few hours and just have no desire to pick it back up, let my stepdaughter have it for now.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few threads on this game that didn't get much traction. I thought the game was fantastic and can't wait for DLC.

Most of my ps4 friends didn't care for the combat system, but I think that's mostly due to them being first person shooters and the lack of firearms.

I thought HZD had a good story, and excellent character development through out. Some games advance too quickly, making you a powerhouse early on and removing the challenge. HZD doesn't hold your hand but grants a tolerable pace to upgrading your playstyle.

I admit I was hooked after an hour and binge played the game for an entire weekend.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
the mix of future technology with primitive characters just doesnt feel right

That is exactly the point. It makes you want to figure out how the hell it got that way. The story was very creative, IMHO.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Probably one of my favorite games so far. Good gameplay, save points, difficulty and no glitches that I found.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would you guys compare it to the Mass Effect franchise??

Just finishing up ME4 and looking for a new game to get into.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post