SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A Question To Regular Viewers Of "Big Bang Theory" Here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Question To Regular Viewers Of "Big Bang Theory" Here Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
The weekly story line of "Will Amy and Sheldon finally have sex" is growing rather thin.

You mean again?

Big Grin They did already do it.

But I seem to recall it is in their 'relationship agreement' that they have sex on every anniversary of that date, and on that day only. I could be wrong though.

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its gotten very stale

and the Sheldon character is now just annoying as all hell

I quit watching it last season

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Stopped watching pretty much when they started adding the other girls. I've seen some of them, but that was definitely when things started losing what made it a good show to watch. Also they started making Sheldon a straight out ass more and more rather than just having social problems.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Once they started getting paid a butt load of money, they had to cut down on the funny writers of the show. I still like looking at Penny though.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The life expectancy of a good sit com is 5 years. It makes it to 7 it gets long in the tooth. Rosanne,cheers,friends. At further years the salary costs seem to be the driving factor, the comedy fades.

It seems to me almost the whole casts are batshit crazy. They have been running their mouths everything politics, or social justice for a few years now.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

It seems to me almost the whole casts are batshit crazy. They have been running their mouths everything politics, or social justice for a few years now.

Like this d-bag? Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes..

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
Every show eventually jumps the shark, unless they're smart enough to go out on top (I'm looking at you, 30 Rock). I think the last straw for BBT was when the baby was born.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
SO:

The show has been renewed for 2 more seasons and the go ahead was given for Young Sheldon. Guess I couldn't have been more wrong. I seriously thought it was on it's last legs. Oh well, Hollywood won't have to "create" another show for at least 2 more years.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This season is really weak, by the end of another two seasons it will just be sad and everyone will be happy to see it go away

I don't think young Sheldon will make it, he is too annoying without the others to balance him out a little.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
Yeah, it's time to wrap it up. It used to be smart/witty/filled with geek humor. I could be wrong since it's become a show I watch in the background, but it just doens't seem like any of that is there anymore.

Yeah all the geek is gone now, they are all supposed to be awkward nerds and now all that is kind of gone away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virtually unwatchable now. The original nerd humor is gone. A previous poster was correct- it has devolved into two separate story lines for each show. Howard/Bernadette/Raj/Stuart in one group and Sheldon/Amy/Leonard/Penny in another group or story line with minimal interaction between the two groups. Also, the Sheldon character is wearing a little thin for me.

It has lost its appeal that made it popular early in the series.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The show should have been off the air 4 years ago, but it was a cash cow, so they're gonna ride it to death.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I read yesterday that the network has picked it up for another 2 years.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Talk about forgetting how you got there

THE CHARACTERS ARENT EVEN GOING TO COMIC CON THIS YEAR

oh, and do yourself a favor, don't read the cards the director puts at the end since the election

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post