SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Secrets of Sulphur Springs (Disney+) (Season 2 now streaming)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secrets of Sulphur Springs (Disney+) (Season 2 now streaming) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I'll start off by saying that I am a 38 year old fuddy duddy!
I don't really like watching shows or movies, with lots of sex, violence, drugs, cursing anymore. The Sopranos is the greatest television of all time but I'd prefer the A&E cut now that I have seen the original.
But anyway. Fun, entertaining family shows are what I really enjoy and they honestly are a bit hard to come by that are any good.
Stumbled across Secrets of Sulphur Springs on Disney+.
My kids are little so I tend to watch things first before letting the kids watch what may be a touch old for them but they may want to watch
My oldest is 7 and he may enjoy it but the others are still too little.

I have to say I enjoyed it. The acting is pretty good for the type of show it is. The story line is pretty good without being over complicated or silly.
Takes me back to the Back To The Futures in a way from when I was a kid.

If you have kids or are an old fuddy duddy like me I suggest you check it out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My wife and son have been watching this. They're hooked. Seems like an okay show.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife started to watched Secrets of Sulfur Springs while I was on a work trip and loved them - thinking I wouldn't be interested in it as we normally watch new series together - I got back and watched a part of an episode she was already watching and was like hey - we could have watched these together! So now I got some catching up

We both also loved the Ghostwriter series on Apple+ [ETA - I recommended this one cause its definitely considered a junior or kids show]

I'm with you on the fuddy duddy part - My wife and I increasingly find we prefer the more wholesome shows that lack sex, drugs, violence and general drama/debauchery. Had a conversation with a couple co workers recently and I think many are finding themselves in the same boat and we all came to the conclusion with the crazy world today - people are trending towards these types of shows and moving out of the jersey shores type drama llamma shows and movies

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon:
My wife started to watched Secrets of Sulfur Springs while I was on a work trip and loved them - thinking I wouldn't be interested in it as we normally watch new series together - I got back and watched a part of an episode she was already watching and was like hey - we could have watched these together! So now I got some catching up

We both also loved the Ghostwriter series on Apple+ [ETA - I recommended this one cause its definitely considered a junior or kids show]

I'm with you on the fuddy duddy part - My wife and I increasingly find we prefer the more wholesome shows that lack sex, drugs, violence and general drama/debauchery. Had a conversation with a couple co workers recently and I think many are finding themselves in the same boat and we all came to the conclusion with the crazy world today - people are trending towards these types of shows and moving out of the jersey shores type drama llamma shows and movies

Heartland on Netflix is really good wholesome family friendly. When you are ready for a new one.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Season 2 just dropped.
Hoping it is as good as the 1st.

————————————————

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We like it well enough. It’s been interesting so far.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post