SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Arrowverse "Elseworlds"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrowverse "Elseworlds" Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted
Do we have any DC/Arrowverse fans on the forum and did anyone watch this week's "Elseworlds" crossover?

SPOILERS!

In addition to being a decent story (it could have been better if they hadn't tried to do too much with too many characters), it was practically non-stop Easter Eggs, with John Wesley Shipp getting to play his original Barry Allen (from the 1990 "Flash" series) from Earth-90, a shot of Smallville (from the series of the same name) along with a bit of its theme song and the Kent farm from that series, several nods to Christopher Reeve's Superman, lots of Batman mythos nods, and so many other things from the DC comic books it was hard to keep up.

However, my favorite was when, in Wayne Tower, Kara looks at a packed-up box and sees and comments on a gold bust of William Shakespeare. That bust was from the 1966 Batman TV show and was used by Bruce and Dick to access the Bat Poles to the Bat Cave.

Anybody else have a favorite from the crossover?

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching the Arrowverse shows last season but I may check out Elseworlds and next year when they try their hand at Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My 12 and 16 year olds love this stuff. As areligious watcher of Smallville for a long time I even tuned in to hear Remy Zero’s “Save Me”...I really wanted to see Tom Welling as Superman though...there was a rumor he might be part of it

My 12 year old is all psyched for Batman to appear at some point. I told him it will never happen because of the “Batman effect”

Any form of media that tries to include
Batman immediately stops being whatever it was about and becomes about Batman

The second Batman appears in the arrowverse it becomes the batmanverse

I’ve enjoyed some of the parts of the Flash I’ve watched with them. Arrow to me is Beverly Hills 90210 with super heroes.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Kevbo,

I think you're right about the Batman effect. I'm wondering if even it will even extend to the Batwoman effect when the new show focusing on her begins in 2019.

I enjoy Arrow but the Flash is my favorite of the shows. I like how they've been able to pull in so many of the villians from that comic book mythos as well as making use of John Wesley Shipp from the original Flash TV show along with limited use of some of the others from that series. Arrow has borrowed some major villains from Batman; the Flash may have, too, but I don't remember any at the moment.

As for 90210, that, to me, is Supergirl. Melissa Benoist who plays Kara is as cute as a button and has to do the slightly dowdy effect to protect her identity when not in costume. Almost everyone else looks like they're straight out of a fashion magazine. After the first season, I've only watched Supergirl and Legends (which can be quite funny at times) occasionally.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I stopped watching the Arrowverse shows last season but I may check out Elseworlds and next year when they try their hand at Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I immediately wondered if this means they are combining all the shows into a single universe.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmalb:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

I immediately wondered if this means they are combining all the shows into a single universe.

I think you’ve nailed it. With Oliver and Barry on Earth-One, Kara and Clark on Earth-38, and the older JWS Barry on Earth-90 (though not sure if he survived the Monitor), they need to do to bring them together, much like the problem DC faced 30-plus years ago. There’s a good article on it at

https://www.google.com/amp/s/s...-crossover-2019/amp/

posted Hide Post
No mention of Black Lightning...

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was excited for Black Lightning then I saw the first episode. What a steaming pile.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post