SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    EPIX Series: Get Shorty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EPIX Series: Get Shorty Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
For those looking for a very enjoyable, but DARK (and violent) drama-comedy to stream, I'd highly recommend the EPIX series: Get Shorty. The series is loosely based on a novel by Elmore Leonard, and follows an enforcer (Miles Daily, played by Chris O'Dowd) for a murderous crime ring in Nevada who decides to leave his life of crime behind for the sake of his daughter. Despite his wishes to become a movie producer in Los Angeles, he ends up bringing his life of crime with him to the new city. Daily has been struck by the romance of movies and movie making since he was a child, growing up during the violence of "The Troubles" in Belfast. What he finds in Hollywood is a culture of greed and cynicism that rivals what he's been "working" with as an enforcer. You'll love the similarities and how newbie Daily, brings his experience and "people skills" into the mix!

Sean Bridgers is Miles’ partner Louis Darnell, a kinda "practicing" Mormon who avoids alcoholic beverages and premarital sex, but earns his living murdering people and disposing of the evidence in Nevada's vast desert. Ray Romano plays a gutless and rather naive "B" list producer that finds himself waaaaay over his head when O'Dowd's character starts running their project.

There's three seasons available now on EPIX and they're well worth watching, especially if your idea of good humor includes an appreciation for satire and cynicism.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I was able to stream the first season last year and loved it but haven’t been able to find it to watch the second season.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post