SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    My latest earworm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My latest earworm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Beats the Hell out of some other tunes that wouldn't get get out of my head in the past ("Her name was LOLA!! She was a SHOWGIRL!!") If ever I see Barry Manilow on the street, that sumbitch better run. Mad

Enjoy

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
That's a lot nicer than the one I stuck in my wifes head last night.

Every time she gets a message on her Iphone say:

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Just a great tune. Cool and easy, almost dream-like.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
IF you are going to be infected with an earworm...THAT is a pretty good one Cool...

Just don't listen to Cher's Do You Believe In Life After Love ...shit, now I've done it to myself just by thinking it!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Dark side of the moon is mine and a hell of a lot of other peoples favorite album.

I think a lot of really good drugs were used when some of these great albums were created!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dark Side of the Moon is tops - I recommend you check this video out - its from their performance in Venice and features the oh soooo very lovely Rachel Fury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytuBVTiHHA

I hear these songs and I immediately am transported back to playing it on a record - a real vinyl with a bit of popping and crackling

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lately for me it's "On the Turning Away"

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Such a great song, and band.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Great song. Great album. The sax solo is what normally gets stuck in my head.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Great Gig in the Sky, Clare Torry, is another great and unique song from that album.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Everytime I hear "My Favorite Things" by John Coltrane it gets stuck in my head for hours. In fact, just typing this post is going to have me humming it for a while.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Great song from a great album.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Great Gig in the Sky, Clare Torry, is another great and unique song from that album.

if you can hear this little whisper, "I never said I was frightened of dying"

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Haven't listened to that one in a long time; I have a Pink Floyd playlist and that song is not on it. Saw them touring Dark Side--before it became a stadium show. Very grateful

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Saw a guitar strap today with that prism design on it. I am not worthy to wear such a strap.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My earworm is still stuck on TMats' "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down". Love that song.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I've had this one in my head frequently as of late

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Fat old Sun - Royal Albert Hall performance ... hadn't heard it before

and we won't talk about Bryan Adams... Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Please, don't talk about Bryan Adams. We'll be better off Wink

Now, any version of Fat Old Sun is good, especially this one.

Link

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Inspired by this thread, I pulled out "The Dark Side of the Moon" album and played it all the way through for the first time in decades. The last song on side 1 is this one, "The Great Gig in the Sky." There is a nice live version of this song out there and THREE wonderfully talented women share the vocals of the 3 movements of the song. I am posting the album version because one woman, Clare Torry sang ALL three parts.

There are conflicting stories about the recording of this track. Rick Wright wrote the music, and years later--following a lawsuit, Clare Torry was given co-writer credit for the song. Reportedly, Roger Waters said to her, "There's no lyrics. It's about dying – have a bit of a sing on that, girl."

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post