SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    u2 - Where the streets have no name - 360 tour Rose Bowl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

u2 - Where the streets have no name - 360 tour Rose Bowl Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
I was able to go to see this concert at John Paul Jones arena in Charlottesville.

Bon Jovi, was entertaining, man can he entertain.
Many Christian concerts are also entertaining and spiritual and uplifting.

but seeing U2? This was church. I came away from this concert wanting to be a better human. To just be better.

I think our world needs more U2.
(those that hate everything since the Joshua Tree, we know, we dont care.)

So the greatest concert I have ever been too:

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I saw them at Red Rocks years ago. Had no idea who they even were at the time. Been a fan since and would love to see them again. Achtung Baby is my favorite.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw them for the 1st time on their Joshua Tour anniversary tour a couple of years ago. An excellent show, and you can find some good videos of that tour on YouTube as well.

It’s pretty impressive when a band starts their shows with ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’, ‘New Years Day’, ‘Bad’, ‘Where the Streets Have No Name’, ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking for’ and ‘With or Without You’.

Posts: 993 | Location: Northwest NJ | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I was one of the Joshua Tree guys. It really isn't that I hate everything after that, so much as that as I matured and got into pursuing my life goals I also fell out of touch with their new music.

But this song? Yeah.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I was one of the Joshua Tree guys. It really isn't that I hate everything after that, so much as that as I matured and got into pursuing my life goals I also fell out of touch with their new music.

But this song? Yeah.

I only said that because sometimes it seems folk can't help but jump in only to say they suck since the Joshua tree.

My first exposure to them was Rattle and Hum.

But that concert, I can still feel the echos of it a decade later.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the Elevation tour in November 2001 and it was cathartic.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
post removed because it upset someone

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVF400:
bono has been dead to me for years. In a interview he came out
against America and how our government should give away $ to
poorer nations. Dipshit had no clue as to how many Americans
were only a paycheck or two away from losing their house. He
had no clue to what our national debt was.
F'k him, my taxes were high enough.

^^ I'm totally w/ this, except the part where we shit stain someones thread w/ politics that have nothing to do w/ the original post.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Only thing I remotely like about "Boner" was when Beavis and Butt Head reviewed the duet with Sinatra and called Ol Blue Eyes "Boner's Daad"

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
*sigh*
I'm sorry, I got bored, what were you saying again? Your lips were moving but all I could hear was a tired, fat old lady cackling in the background about who took the last of the cheese dip.