SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

I have not seen a Star Wars movie in a theater since Return of the Jedi.

Well aren't you special.

No Not really

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Like a battered woman, I will go see it... and somehow make myself believe it is my fault it sucked.

LOL.... Ill go see it and hope it erases the foul taste of The Last Jedi. If its good, Ill know maybe it can be saved. If its a steaming pile of shit, then well, I guess Ill accept its over.

Sadly I must agree. Bought and rewatched the last jedi with my daughter a few weeks ago and thought "man that sucked". She loved it, which is great.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Bought and rewatched the last jedi with my daughter a few weeks ago and thought "man that sucked". She loved it, which is great.

What does that tell you? The movie and franchise will do just fine despite all the bellyaching about how "bad" it was from all the old people (it wasn't, just was different and takes SW into a new direction). I think Solo will do just fine and will be as good as or better than Rogue One even.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This will be the very first Star Wars movie that I won't see in a theater. I may not see it at all thanks to Disney.

Same here. I got off the Star Wars train at the last station. I plan not to watch it at all.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

I have not seen a Star Wars movie in a theater since Return of the Jedi.

Well aren't you special.

No I think you are for tossing an insult where it wasn’t needed. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:I think Solo will do just fine and will be as good as or better than Rogue One even.

You're pretty optimistic considering they had a director/script change mid-filming; fortunately Lawrence Kasden is principal writer so, there's that. I'm just hoping for something solid.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm just hoping it doesn't suck.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

Ha! Thewbacca! Get to the Thalcon!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

That's awesome!

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Tickets are on sale now

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin pretty good, “And this is the cape room”

Makes sense since the Falcon was originally Lando’s ship, right?

It’s like looking at a shiny new car on the dealer’s lot, a far cry from the beat-up jalopy we saw in A New Hope!

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Bought and rewatched the last jedi with my daughter a few weeks ago and thought "man that sucked". She loved it, which is great.

What does that tell you? The movie and franchise will do just fine despite all the bellyaching about how "bad" it was from all the old people (it wasn't, just was different and takes SW into a new direction). I think Solo will do just fine and will be as good as or better than Rogue One even.

Rogue one was terrible though? So I guess if its as good as it, then when it hits netflix I'll watch it. I've never wanted my money back, but TLJ had my wife asking me to stay, just because she knew how big a fan I was, just so I didnt miss if it got good. It didnt. It was terrible from a story telling point of view. Terrible. How does Luke die? What the hell is that space flying shit? Why did they go to gamble planet and save those animals?????? So many questions, and so many things wrong with it. I wont see Solo or any others until they are hitting a service I already pay for.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
It will have a hard time topping Rogue One. Hopefully it is better than TFA or TLJ...

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

Should be THOLO: THAR WARTH

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Rogue one was terrible though?

I'm seriously baffled by how many people don't like Rogue One. It's easily my favorite of all the Star Wars movies. I've already watched it five times since its release in theaters and video. That's more times than I've seen any movie in the same period after its release.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

I'm seriously baffled by how many people don't like Rogue One. It's easily my favorite of all the Star Wars movies. I've already watched it five times since its release in theaters and video. That's more times than I've seen any movie in the same period after its release.

I agree. I have fond memories for the original three Star Wars movies and Rogue One has been added to that list.

Sure, there are some flaws to the movie, mostly due to the era we live in, but it was fairly close to the spirit of the original movies.

Rogue One was the only new movie I liked. Everything else left a bad taste in my mouth.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I also think Rogue One was really good, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Saw it several times in the theater, got the Blu Ray as soon as it came out. It made me extra excited for The Last Jedi, because I though TFA was pretty good and RO was awesome so I though TLJ would be awesome. Plus the previews made TLJ look like it was going to be dark and intense, not cheesy, half assed comical, flippant, and irrelevant.

Fuck you Rian Johnson

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The only good movies in the franchise at this point are 4a (Rogue One) and 4b (a new hope) 5 and 6

I like Empire and the original more than Rogue One, but Rogue One is definitely up there

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Says who?

I loved Rogue One and the last 2 minutes was SO badass how they seamlessly made it segue right into A New Hope.