SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
http://comicbook.com/starwars/...aight-donald-glover/

It’s not enough that they start churning out B rate crap, now they’re going to start inserting their made up sexuality bullshit into Star Wars too.

Oh wow, this gem in that article...

“I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie," Kasdan noted. "I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity ― sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of.”

Maybe Lando is Transgender. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
http://comicbook.com/starwars/...aight-donald-glover/

It’s not enough that they start churning out B rate crap, now they’re going to start inserting their made up sexuality bullshit into Star Wars too.

Oh wow, this gem in that article...

“I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie," Kasdan noted. "I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity ― sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of.”

Maybe Lando is Transgender. Wink

Oh man no no no.... I was hoping Solo would redeem the series. Is it truly dead? Guess I'll find out Thursday night.

For such a huge world and story line why can't they do something epic and serious like Lord of the Rings? It's a whole galaxy to explore and tell stories from, and any time line you want. Go back to old republic and lightsabers with power cords or into the future, whatever.

Fuck you Disney.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I thought the last jedi was soooooo bad, I'm refusing to see Solo in the theater.

Did I mention how bad last jedi was?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And they shitcanned directors in the middle of this. Remember, Joss Whedon couldn't save Justice League...

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
I thought the last jedi was soooooo bad, I'm refusing to see Solo in the theater.

Did I mention how bad last jedi was?

I tried watching it on a five hour flight home a few weeks ago. I turned it off after 25 mins, ordered a bourbon, and read a book instead. What I saw was crap.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
So we just got back from an early screening. I'm not a hard core Star Wars Geek but have loved the core saga from the first (A New Hope). I

This movie was good. It was fun. It seemed to stay true to Han's character and built out the stories aluded to in the core episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing it again with my oldest who couldn't go with us tonight.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight and enjoyed it. Almost seemed like 2 separate movies, the beginning kind of drug and then it picked up speed about half way through. The purists will hate it for taking liberties with, "Canon". I did not come away hating it like I did with the 3 prequels or thinking it was a ripoff of the original like The Force Awakens. And yes, the return of Darth Maul!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it with the wife tonight. Was it just me, or was that Sarah Conner with an English accent?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
So the only main issue I have with this movie is the return of Darth Maul. Not with Darth Maul himself, as I think he could sustain his own movie, but my issue is with continuity.

Bear with me for a minute.

So in Ep.1 Anakin is a child, probably 10-12 years old, Anakin obviously is the father to Luke and Leia and adult Han is supposed to about 10 years older than Leia in ANH. Yet Darth Maul dies ep 1, so how would he be around for this movie when he dies 8-10 years before Luke & Leia are born?

Also, in Ep. 3 Chewbacca is still on his home planet fighting in the clone war, before meeting Han, about 8-10 years after Maul has died.

Anyone have an explanation for it?

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
So the only main issue I have with this movie is the return of Darth Maul. Not with Darth Maul himself, as I think he could sustain his own movie, but my issue is with continuity.

Bear with me for a minute.

So in Ep.1 Anakin is a child, probably 10-12 years old, Anakin obviously is the father to Luke and Leia and adult Han is supposed to about 10 years older than Leia in ANH. Yet Darth Maul dies ep 1, so how would he be around for this movie when he dies 8-10 years before Luke & Leia are born?

Also, in Ep. 3 Chewbacca is still on his home planet fighting in the clone war, before meeting Han, about 8-10 years after Maul has died.

Anyone have an explanation for it?

Maul survived. His return is in the Clone Wars cartoon and subsequently the Rebels cartoon on Disney Channel. Both are considered canon.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You can see Darth Maul’s artificial legs when he stands up.

I loved this movie. I will definitely be rewatching it in the theater. There were a lot of very subtle Easter Eggs, including one that refers to Indiana Jones.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Ah, okay that explains it.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
We saw it last night and to be honest I kinda enjoyed it. My only real complaints are the giant squid monster near the Maw... Why does there always have to be "a bigger fish" to avoid?

The other is the way they portrayed the Kessel Run, frankly that was quite a disappointment.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I saw it with the wife tonight. Was it just me, or was that Sarah Conner with an English accent?

Yes, Emilia Clarke is British.

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Warn everyone about spoilers! I'll change the thread title to the spoiler thread.

I think that was a young Saw at the end with Enfys Nest, it was the same tall alien guy with the respirator that was working with him in Rogue One.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You are correct. That is Benthic, who was a follower of Saw in Rogue One.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Ok just got back from seeing it.

I was pleased with the story.
It was a little modern action movie busy for me but over all it was pretty good.

Alden Ehrenreich is believable as young Han.
He has Harrison Ford down to a T.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Finally saw it today.
A very enjoyable film.
I had no issues at all with the casting.
Even Woody Harellson was okay.
It doesn't quite make up for the Last Jedi atrocity, but behind Rogue One, better than VII and VIII.

Ron Howard did a commendable job.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
It wasn't a BAD movie, but Rogue One set the bar HIGH for the "Star Wars Stories," and because of that I admit I felt a bit let-down.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post