SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Tickets are on sale now

Don't you mean "on thale now"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I don't know anybody who doesn't like Rogue One.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Drag, Low Speed!
Picture of Heatmiser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Like a battered woman, I will go see it... and somehow make myself believe it is my fault it sucked.

Same here. I have seen every one of the movies in the theater all the way back to 1977.

“Sons of Bitches! Take this blindfold off and let me see my bride!"

Posts: 667 | Location: Central Arkansas | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Yes! I thought Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie out of all of them. I can only hope that Solo follows Rogue One's lead...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Yes! I thought Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie out of all of them. I can only hope that Solo follows Rogue One's lead...

With Ron Howard directing it has to be good as long as the script isn’t completely stupid.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
I have not seen a Star Wars movie in a theater since Return of the Jedi.

Cuz that was the last one they made.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Rogue one was terrible though?

I'm seriously baffled by how many people don't like Rogue One. It's easily my favorite of all the Star Wars movies. I've already watched it five times since its release in theaters and video. That's more times than I've seen any movie in the same period after its release.

Agreed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Rogue one was terrible though?

I'm seriously baffled by how many people don't like Rogue One. It's easily my favorite of all the Star Wars movies. I've already watched it five times since its release in theaters and video. That's more times than I've seen any movie in the same period after its release.

Agreed.

Ditto. I thought Rogue One was excellent. It brought me right back to the originals. Made me feel like a kid again watching it. Everything else since Return of the Jedi has pretty much sucked though IMO.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This guy (Ethan Van Sciver) is a Comic artist, Star Wars lover, and his last few months of videos on Star Wars have been fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fascistfrog/featured

(I have a Soylo - A Soy Wars story T-shirt ordered. I can't wait.)

His humor is subtle, but his commentary is satisfying and fun to watch. His toy reviews and unboxings are absolutely spot on to what what I'd say if I were to buy some of the newer, recent toys.

https://youtu.be/hIduLgkSCAY

EDIT - I should point out that the reason I subscribed to this guy is that in one of his toy reviews he was putting the pistol into the character's holster, and he said something like "Make sure you keep this pistol, as it's your right to protect yourself no matter what galaxy you live in."
He says something similar in this video: https://youtu.be/zTMpV0dKZ8s (At 6:24 in this particular video)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There's buzz that there is a tie-in like at the very end of Rogue One, to A New Hope. Maybe we'll see the Death Star being constructed or something?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Just watched Rogue One for the first time a couple of weeks ago, on Netflix. Really liked it so watched it twice. I may not be able to wait until the new one comes out on Netflix if you guys see it and wax on about how great it is. So, I probably won't return to this thread for 6 months or so. Wink

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So the review embargo is lifted and even Jeremy Jahns, who I can barely stand, gives a tepid review.

Which is actually pretty incredible. This guy is the most forgiving, closest thing to a straight up Hollywood shill, that I can think of. (In my opinion.)

Possible spoilers maybe? Not like it matters:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
^^^ watched that review last night and decided to not see this movie. Need to take a stand and hope this movie doesn’t do well so there might be changes at Lucasfilm.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All you haters gonna hate anyway, I will be seeing Solo opening night and have a feeling it will be as great as Rogue One.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
All you haters gonna hate anyway, I will be seeing Solo opening night and have a feeling it will be as great as Rogue One.

I don't think any Star Wars fan is hating on this new Star Wars direction because it's fun. On the contrary, it's obvious that the franchise is dear to me, and it's frustrating to see the new official content and timelines turned into a social political tool.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I don't think any Star Wars fan is hating on this new Star Wars direction because it's fun. On the contrary, it's obvious that the franchise is dear to me, and it's frustrating to see the new official content and timelines turned into a social political tool.

Hey maybe they’ll get some alternative timelines going. That worked great for Star Trek Razz

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Piano Solo

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

This. Rogue One was my last SW movie in theaters. Fin.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
http://comicbook.com/starwars/...aight-donald-glover/

It’s not enough that they start churning out B rate crap, now they’re going to start inserting their made up sexuality bullshit into Star Wars too.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
http://comicbook.com/starwars/...aight-donald-glover/

It’s not enough that they start churning out B rate crap, now they’re going to start inserting their made up sexuality bullshit into Star Wars too.

Colt .45 Malt Liquor.... works every time. Even on aliens

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post