SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Solo Spoiler thread Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Luke should have blew up the Death Star via projection, fought Darth Vader by projection, so he could spend his time milking tits instead Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I don’t understand the whole “Luke died like a bitch” mentality at all.

To me Luke made the ultimate sacrifice and gave his “last full measure” in order to stave off the imminent destruction of Leia and the remnant of the Resistance in order to allow that to survive and grow again as they alluded to.

Just because YOU didn’t like how he died, doesn’t make your statement true. If you think about it, this started with Leia asking for help via a projection and ending with Luke sending help via a projection. I think it was pretty cool!

Wrong thread, perhaps?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Luke should have blew up the Death Star via projection, fought Darth Vader by projection, so he could spend his time milking tits instead Big Grin

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got around to seeing it...it's ok.

It didn't suck but, it had it's craptastic moments. L3 droid...fuck Roll Eyes , what more can be said, it was unnecessary; I could've swore I was listening to Gwendolyn Christi's voice. Droid revolt(?)...oh how cute. Massive squid lurking near a black hole...wha? We already know the writers and directors have zero military understanding (WWI-style trench warfare, really?) but...fuck it, it's fantasy.

It's about as neutral a SW movie as it gets I think.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The L3 droid was comic relief. You were supposed to roll your eyes at her. That was the point.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I could've swore I was listening to Gwendolyn Christi's voice.

I kept hearing Captain Phasma as well. It was an odd choice to pick a voice so similar sounding I thought.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The L3 droid was comic relief. You were supposed to roll your eyes at her. That was the point.

It would've been more funny, if we weren't in the current climate were in. Unfortunately it came across as more of the same.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I went to see an independent film tonight. Arrived 25 minutes early and Solo was playing next door, in one of the smaller theaters, so must not be doing too hot. Went in and it was 2/3 empty. Saw from the speeder chase until Han was thrown into some muddy water after getting his girl snatched by the Troopers and meeting Beckett. Must have been a monster to tend with, *cough* ROTJ, Luke, Jabba’s Palace. I could have watched another 20 minutes but got up and left. The couple next to me, both were on their phones. Those types don’t see independent film. What I saw was cheese, some corny jokes. Looked like a B movie but maybe it got better. Dialogue was bad in that half hour.

I just read a report that says Kennedy will be gone by September. Could be accurate as she’d need 3 months transfer time to hand over the reigns. Same article said Rian Johnson and TGOT creators each have Star Wars trilogies in the works. And there is Boba Fett and Obi-Wan stand alone films to come. What a shit show.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post