SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is your guilty pleasure song?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your guilty pleasure song? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I am someone who has been quite vocal about my disdain for country music in the past but I have to admit I kind of enjoy this one. My wife LOVES country so I suppose I was eventually going to find a song I enjoy....especially this version of it.

What is your guilty pleasure song?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hk9bK9QVg80

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Morgan Wallen can flat out sing. Check out his cover of Jason Isbell's Cover Me Up (or the amazing short film he did about a PTSD soldier coming home.)

As for my guilty pleasure music... I really love great pop vocalists so stuff like cheesy, sappy 80s love songs. Michael Bolton...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^That's mine also. I recall dropping a few quarters into the barracks lounge juke box to play it (when no one else was looking) back in early '79.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she's a commie cow but she sure could sing

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Delight.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Carpenters. I Won't Last a Day Without You. Superstar is not really guilty pleasure because it is a cool song.

I don't like hair metal bands, but Def Leppard's Photograph and Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart qualify.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Two came to mind quickly.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abba.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Ain't nothing better. From 1968, a movin' and a groovin'. The one and only Iron Butterfly

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Not sure why some of these songs would be "guilty pleasures" as a lot of them are classics. I look at a guilty pleasure as something my buddies would razz me about if they knew I listen to it.

I love Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, I love the song December, 1963, and I love this contrafractum(just upped my vocabulary) even though I have no clue what they are saying.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trixie Whitley - Breathe You In My Dreams. Heard this song a few years ago,love her voice.

https://youtu.be/W539KqDR4k8

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m ready for a good film noir

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/pjyFydbgBG4 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
Loud. Sets the tone for the day.

https://youtu.be/TEqX5CWh7tY

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 142 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid hairband music:

My air guitar is still going strong, though the head bobbing kinda gives me a neck ache these days...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Journey. Open Arms.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
Ain't nothing better. From 1968, a movin' and a groovin'. The one and only Iron Butterfly

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="424" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UIVe-rZBcm4" width="758"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
^^^^^ Got that right but it has to be the 17 minute version. Otherwise known as the bathroom version that would give the radio dj"s time to run down the hall and take care of business...... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Two came to mind quickly.

You have a very eclectic taste in music. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post