SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Scene from Hell or High Water
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scene from Hell or High Water Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
So far I'm a fan of Taylor Sheridan's scriptwriting. I've really liked Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River. I find his films refreshing in the sea of lightweight snarky immature PG-13 comic book films flooding out of risk-averse studios these days. I'm not as much impressed with his direction. I look forward to Soldado: Sicario 2.

He has a new series starring Kevin Costner coming out in June called Yellowstone. Looks great as well. Apparently it will be on the Paramount Network, which used to be Spike.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Taylor Sheridan certainly has made the most of life’s experiences and the folks who influenced him during his youth.
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
So far I'm a fan of Taylor Sheridan's scriptwriting. I've really liked Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River. I find his films refreshing in the sea of lightweight snarky immature PG-13 comic book films flooding out of risk-averse studios these days. I'm not as much impressed with his direction. I look forward to Soldado: Sicario 2.

He has a new series starring Kevin Costner coming out in June called Yellowstone. Looks great as well. Apparently it will be on the Paramount Network, which used to be Spike.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
If'n only Ben Foster didn't suffer from the same malady as Tom Cruise...and I ain't talking about their height.

But, to me, Foster is just playing the same character he's played in other movies. Redneck tough guy. It isn't much different from what he played in Hostiles. Or the Mechanic or Navy Seal, minus the accent. If you want a good look at his early work, look at Six Feet Under when he was Claire's artsy, sexually confused boyfriend.

As for Hell or High Water, I like Jeff Bridge's character and performance far better. Sure, he recycled a sober version of Rooster Cogburn, but the character is still interesting. His insults and taunting of his partner, the shock and loss he feels when he is killed in front of him, the relief and righteousness he feels when he ends the killer's life. That is just as interesting as Foster's 'when you're in a nursing home...'

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
If'n only Ben Foster didn't suffer from the same malady as Tom Cruise...and I ain't talking about their height.

But, to me, Foster is just playing the same character he's played in other movies. '

You should watch him in The Program and tell me if you still have that opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
“You got a gun on you, old man?”

“You’re damn right I got a gun on me!”

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
"You know what that makes me?"

"My enemy?"

"No, that makes me Comanche."

Absolutely great writing.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive been putting off watching this for some inexplicable reason. But now im definitely going to watch it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. What a movie. Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges were all incredible.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Love this movie!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
You should watch him in The Program and tell me if you still have that opinion.

It's not that I don't think he is a great actor, I am just saying that this character is similar to other roles he's played.

It's a good performance, as is Pine's, Bridges, and others. Good movie all around.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That made me miss my old car. Riding in the front seat of that car was like driving your living room. Smile

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
So far I'm a fan of Taylor Sheridan's scriptwriting.

Originally posted by YellowJacket:
He has a new series starring Kevin Costner coming out in June called Yellowstone.

Cool! I'll look out for that one. And Wind River just popped up on Netflix streaming. I'll watch that one again.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Just watched Wind River. A lot of good things to say about that film. Sheridan's writing is just getting better and better.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:

But, to me, Foster is just playing the same character he's played in other movies. Redneck tough guy. It isn't much different from what he played in Hostiles. Or the Mechanic or Navy Seal, minus the accent. If you want a good look at his early work, look at Six Feet Under when he was Claire's artsy, sexually confused boyfriend.

As for Hell or High Water, I like Jeff Bridge's character and performance far better. Sure, he recycled a sober version of Rooster Cogburn, but the character is still interesting. His insults and taunting of his partner, the shock and loss he feels when he is killed in front of him, the relief and righteousness he feels when he ends the killer's life. That is just as interesting as Foster's 'when you're in a nursing home...'

As for Bridge's partner, it was one of those roles, where you just know he's not going to make it to the end of the movie.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I just watched Hell or High Water again. A cool touch about that gas station scene is that the guy's head really dents the Challenger door when Chris Pine throws him into it. Interesting detail.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
For any interested, Wal-Mart has the Bluray of this movie on sale for 7 bucks.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I don’t even remember this movie coming out but it has some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Gonna watch it. Thanks!

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Know what that makes me..... It makes me Comanche

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
'He had it coming, he had it coming!' Great movie. Also you owe it to yourself to watch "Wind River".

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
As I'm rewatching this for the second time this weekend (seen it several more than that), I'm noticing the brilliant little touches, like Toby being a Texas A&M fan while Bridges' Ranger is a Longhorns fan.

Sheridan as the cowboy driving his cattle away from the fire has the dialog down perfectly.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post