SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Daniel Day-Lewis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Day-Lewis Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Love watching this guy act on the screen, absolutely love watching his work.

Here's a really good article/interview with him:

https://www.wmagazine.com/stor...cting-phantom-thread

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
He was absolutely AWESOME as Abraham Lincoln in, of course, Lincoln. EPIC performance and film...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Dude is an amazing actor, probably my favorite.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He seems pretty choosy about the roles he takes on.
His take on Lincoln was excellent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
There Will Be Blood.
The Boxer.
the Last of the Mohicans.
And my favorite role of his, Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York.

He is really choosy which is what great actors do. And he is a big fan (along with me) of Valentino Rossi.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post