SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lego Batman Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lego Batman Movie Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted
Saw it yesterday with the kids. I have to say this is a good movie. Way better than the Original Lego Movie from three years ago. And very funny. I didn't even get upset when they Rick Rolled us. I get why it was #1 at the box office for more than one weekend.

It centers around the Batman from the Lego Movie. But it constantly references all the movie Batmen, the Animated Series, and the comic books. Knowing some of the different portrayals of Batman helps, as with some of the villains. My son who saw The Dark Knight Rises was confused why Bane had tube out of his back and into his arms.

Computer: What's the password?
Batman: Iron Man sucks.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was silly fun. Lego characters for the kids but the jokes were for grownups.
Batman waiting for his lobster thermidor to warm up in the microwave cracked me up.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The extremely gay Robin in the trailers has put me off a bit. Not sure If I will let the kids see it. I haven't seen it either yet.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Gay? Nope. Robin is just an overly excited orphan boy who gets adopted by Bruce Wayne and discovers BW is also Batman, his other hero! The goggles were a bit goofy, but they worked for the movie.

I hate to say it, this is the first Robin outside the animated series that I liked. So glad Chis Nolan only hinted at him in The Dark Knight Rises. But I think he could have done Robin justice if he chose to use him.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Interesting; I liked original, thought this one SUCKED!!!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a bit distracting, but OK, some funny parts. Saw it with the kids at a place that also serves beer and food so no complaints!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
But it constantly references all the movie Batmen, the Animated Series, and the comic books.

I thought that was the best part. Lots of Easter eggs. I think I picked up most, but I bet there were a lot I missed.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Yeah, I loved it...

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
Robin's outfit was originally Reggae Man.....that was just damned hilarious! As a grown man, I think I was as excited to see the movie as much as my kids.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
There's a Rick-Roll? C'mon, man, give a spoiler alert! Razz

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
There's a Rick-Roll? C'mon, man, give a spoiler alert! Razz

Go see the movie. :P

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I took the younger kids to it. It was better than the first one; I still fell asleep. Of course, I fell asleep in Wicked and Mrs. BB61 still hasn't forgiven me for that faux pas.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lost my attention halfway through.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night and it was pretty funny. Loved all the call backs. The wife hated it. It's a very silly movie.

I was not a fan of the 'it takes a village' message though.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I saw it in the theater with a nephew and again last night with my family. We all loved it. Really funny. It didn't take itself too seriously. I hated the last Lego movie - this one was great.

And Robin wasn't 'gay' - he was a nerdy little dork kid who gets to partner with his living hero.

I loved the Justice League scene - nice seeing Zan, Jayna, and Gleek together again. Smile

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21843 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post