SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any One Else Here a Fan of Prometheus ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any One Else Here a Fan of Prometheus ? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
And love the manipulation of time within the story?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arguably the worst movie I ever paid money to see in a theater.

Posts: 1698 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the same Prometheus? The Alien prequel film? Because I don't recall any time manipulation in that film. The only scene that was from a different time period was the opening one, where the Engineer sacrifices himself to jump-start the creation of life on what's assumed to be Earth, billions of years ago. There are also a couple brief flashbacks/memories from the main character's childhood.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
It was good. Most of the criticism had to do with the Alien world story whathaveyou and I didn't follow or have any interest in anyhow, so I just enjoyed the film.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites, such good scifi

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What time manipulation?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Interstellar?

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What time manipulation?

The second at where the android is watching movies while the crew were in suspended animation - his hair keeps changing which i thought was to show how much time is elapsing. The finding of the ship and how to activate to include a saliva identification was just blink of the eye for the ones piloting the ship.

I guess time manipulation isn't the best definition.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
you mean Time Elapse?

overall I thought it was a good movie, that was somewhat related to the alien franchise,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm watching it right now because of this thread

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The concept was good. The movie could have been great.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. But I love everything in the Alien universe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Truthfully...I did not like it so much when I first saw it...but I am a fan of Noomi Rapace from The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo and that made me watch it again...I liked it better each time I watched it Smile...she is a good actress. I know being a fan of an actor is not a reason to like/dislike a movie...but it did give me a reason to re watch and sorta change my opinion of the movie.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm a fan. But I love everything in the Alien universe.

*cough*

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What time manipulation?

The second at where the android is watching movies while the crew were in suspended animation - his hair keeps changing which i thought was to show how much time is elapsing. The finding of the ship and how to activate to include a saliva identification was just blink of the eye for the ones piloting the ship.

I guess time manipulation isn't the best definition.

I got a kick out how David the android was so anamored by Peter O'Tooles roll as T.E Lawrence that he had to imitate him during the voyage.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The last act, particularly the creature parts, is fantastic.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
Ridley Scott makes great looking movies, but his sense of storytelling is way off. Accepting Damon Lindelof as anything but a sandwich maker for the movie crew was a BIG mistake.

The actions and motivations of pretty well all the characters in this movie were senseless and ridiculous, and more than a few situations were horribly contrived.

Note that I found this WhatCulture page _after_ writing the above...

http://whatculture.com/film/pr...ned-the-film?page=01

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post