SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    what rifle is this ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what rifle is this ? Login/Join 
posted

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
M-14 without magazine?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
M-14 without magazine?

Yup. Particularly evil. It has a bayonet lug, and I bet it has that thing that goes up.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
M-14 without magazine?

Yep. Standard issue rifle of the US military from 1959 through the late 1960s, and continued on in limited use for years later.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks folks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Jim didn't want no teenage queen.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. Standard issue rifle of the US military from 1959 through the late 1960s, and continued on in limited use for years later.

M-16 in boot camp July of 77, then at my first duty station I was issued the M- 14, mine had a synthetic stock. Hell we were still using the M-79 and the 106 recoilless rifle.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
He just wants his M-14.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It would be pretty cumbersome to handle for drills, with all the quick reverses, snaps and twirls, with a magazine in it, let alone be shoulder-carried.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Early version as well IIRC because of the vented handguard.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I carried M1s in basic and Ft. Monmouth in 1961. Issued M14s without a select lever in Germany in 1962, and Viet Nam in 1965.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We had armorys full of them on ships at least until 1999 when I was done. 20 years with them suckas!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Yep, have three of them---well, M1A's anyway

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Yep, M-14. I carried one everywhere during basic and AIT in '67'. It was a beast and impossible to keep the barrel from rising during automatic fire.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Still used at West Point for drill & ceremonies.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post