SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sons of Anarchy -- -yeah, or meh
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Anarchy -- -yeah, or meh Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Season 3 finale is anything but anticlimatic. It makes up for the slog that was the middle of the season and ties up a couple of multi season story arcs. Its my favorite episode of the series by far. And everything that happns after that is just Tig having a bad trip on mushrooms and dreaming it.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
"Awesome" is not a word I would have ever used for the finale. I thought it was weak, at best.

I enjoyed the first few seasons as a man about the same age as the main character, also becoming a father for the first time and trying to make sense of my relationship with my old man. That was the hook for me. When it wasn't anymore, it was simply because I was far enough in that I wanted to see how it ended.

However, the last few seasons were a real slog, and I ended up not caring about really any of the characters anymore several seasons before the finale because I realized they were all horrible, shitty people who made horrible, shitty decisions at exactly every turn, and were at their best when they were doing horrible, shitty things to the people closest to them.

And, this is only so spoilerific, but I got real tired of the amount of man-on-man assrape that I had to witness seemingly every episode towards the end, sometimes several assrapes an episode. If someone had told me how much chuff-pounding I would have had to endure to make it through the show, I might've opted out at the start. JMO

Pretty much this.

Lots of pound me in the ass scenes near the end. Maybe the writer (also an actor, often getting assraped) liked it too much..?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show. It was like a soap opera for men that was very far fetched at times.

I will also tune in for the Spin Off, Mayans MC or whatever they will call it.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Rhino, I was working through the show apace with a coworker and we would discuss the show during the day. We both concluded the same thing, given how many rape/brutality scenes the guy wrote himself and his wife into.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
New drinking game:

1)Take a shot every time one of the characters says to another-"We have to weigh our options!!!"

2)Take a shot every time there's a Mexican standoff where one or more characters are pointing guns at each other but decide not to shoot after engaging in some idiotic dialogue.

Follow the above rules and I guarantee that everyone in the room will be blitzed before the end of the hour. Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
A bunch of bearded dudes in leather jackets that cry and hug each other a lot

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3810 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never watched one minute . Not interested .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

So why even bother posting?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Because he's showing us how totally fucking cool he is.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I feel pretty much like most have already posted. Enjoyed it early on, but since I have to finish what I start, I just slogged through the rest. I don't know what seasons or episodes and all that, just remember losing interest later on.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Are you the one vote for option 4? I was thinking ya why post but I guess this response was sort of invited in with option 4...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
I enjoyed the show. It was like a soap opera for men that was very far fetched at times.

Makes me wonder if Kurt Sutter is going to recycle SoA scripts for the Mayans or come back with something really original.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Guys, please for the sake of the person who started this thread, watch it with the SPOILERS.

It's all good. Since SoA follows the plot of the original Hamlet, I would suspect that many of the main characters are killed off. It sounds like it just took so darn many seasons for the SoA story to be acted out.

Best line so far is when Gemma says, "These papers are like his father is speaking to him from the grave." Yes, Gemma, we get it. You don't need to remind us that these papers are the "ghost" from the original Hamlet.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:

Makes me wonder if Kurt Sutter is going to recycle SoA scripts for the Mayans or come back with something really original.

I'll be very impressed if he bases the plot on another one of Shakespeare's works like Othello. That would rock.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post