SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ... And I have seen the David... (Guy Clark)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

... And I have seen the David... (Guy Clark) Login/Join 
posted
Seen the Mona Lisa, too

And I have heard Doc Watson play Columbus Stockade Blues.

...I loved you from the get go

And I'll love you till I die

I loved you on the Spanish Steps

The day you said goodbye.

Chokes me up every time. Go to YouTube and find Guy Clark with Karen Matheson--Dublin Blues. Wondrous.

But while you're there, first maybe find Doc's rendition of Columbus Stockade Blues with Stacy Thomas. It's shot in Doc's sister's living room (the screen door's "W" shows in the background). Terrible audio/video, but great performance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amals,

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
YouTube link to the videos - YouTube won't allow me to embed.

I've long been a fan of Guy Clark, started after seeing him on one of Austin City Limit's Songwriter's Showcase.

Darrell Clark ("You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive") worked with Guy Clark on several albums. He wrote & performs a song called "Down to the River" which mentions several songwriters including Townes Van Zant & Guy Clark. It includes a spoken word part by Clark & when performed live, he follows it with "Desperados Waiting for a Train".

The original.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the link. My skills in that area are rusty at best.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great songwriter. I like “The Randall Knife”. It’s about his father who was an attorney in Rockport, Tx.

Clark spent his early 20s in Houston. One of his buds there was Jerry Jeff Walker who later recorded Clarks LA Freeway.

Clark was also an artist. He built guitars too.

Good bio is “Without Getting Killed or Caught”.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post