SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Free Fire - the worst marksmen ever in a movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Fire - the worst marksmen ever in a movie Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Finally saw Free Fire, about an arms deal gone bad.

I think every character in this movie was a Star Wars stormtrooper or something. LOL.

Fairly entertaining but amusing that nobody can hit shit.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Can’t be any worse than the shooters in Ultimate Force about the super elite British SAS: hundreds of rounds of automatic fire across the room and no one gets hit. And then there’s Shooter. Two top Marine Corps snipers with ARs can’t hit some guy who exposes himself for about two weeks at a time in front of a window at a distance that I could hit him with a baseball.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I thought it was entertaining. A decent amount of humor, good dialogue, and a good sense of comraderie between some of the characters. You really can't go wrong when Sharlto Coply is involved.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I love Sharlto Copley and Free Fire looked great. I'll have to see it. I'd all but forgotten about it til I was looking through IMDB at a few actors and saw it pop up again.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the TV show, The A Team. They fired hundreds of rounds from full auto Mini-14's and never hit anybody.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Is that the one that's like inside a warehouse? All the parties are hunkered down behind whatever available cover there is? I recall it was funny.

What was the one with Clive Owen? That one was really over the top.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was a good movie, I enjoyed it. Brie Larson is always a cutie

The Clive Owen movie was Shoot em Up... And yes that one was very over the top, almost cartoonish.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
fr me its always been a tossup between everyone on the 'A-Team' and the Star Wars storm troopers

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Did they yell " Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh " at the top of their lungs while firing full-auto (usually with one hand)? Eek

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Don't forget the TV show, The A Team. They fired hundreds of rounds from full auto Mini-14's and never hit anybody.

They blew up a lot of engines though. Wink

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
fr me its always been a tossup between everyone on the 'A-Team' and the Star Wars storm troopers

My first thought was the A team... never thought about Storm Troopers from Star Wars until now.... Yep, those guys never hit anything.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first thought was the A team... never thought about Storm Troopers from Star Wars until now.... Yep, those guys never hit anything.

There is a great scene in Star Wars Rebels where an old grizzled Clone War trooper has to put on the modern storm trooper armor to infiltrate a base or some such. Anyway he puts the helmet on and starts remarking how horrible it is to the old clone war helmets and how could they possibly hit anything in it. Later he gets in a firefight misses a bunch and then ditches the helmet and starts hitting x rings. It was a cute call out to those of us who have complained about ST accuracy.

Also if you haven’t seen this it’s hillarious.

https://youtu.be/xb3NFdDPnT0

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I watched this tonight. I liked it. I like Sharlto Copley. The humor had me chuckling. I dug the Period clothing, weapons etc.

I would argue that 95% of the shooters were total amateurs and as such should have been missing. There were only a couple of guys who came across as gunfighters and they made hits.

The reloads were great, the PING of the Garand after eight was a surprise. If anything my biggest thought was wow these folks brought lots of ammo and where were they carrying it all.

It was a quirky movie and I like quirky movies.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post