SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Carl Reiner has died and I don't care
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carl Reiner has died and I don't care Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
This is a political thread. In order to not violate my own guidelines by interjecting political commentary into apolitical threads, I'm starting this thread.

I first saw Reiner on The Dick Van Dyke Show in the 1960s. He was a very funny and talented man. No one can deny this.

He was also a Trump-hating leftist shitbag who didn't give the first fuck about this country or the people in it (the great unwashed in 'flyover country'- IOW, you and me). I don't fucking care that he's dead. Wait- that's not exactly true. It would be more accurate to say that I derive satisfaction from there being one less very loud, very conspicuous Trump hater sending out his ignorant tweets and running his suck on "news" shows. No more bullshit from you, Carl, and that is just fine with me.

He lived until age 98. Even under normal circumstances, I can't bring myself to mourn much for people who have essentially won the lottery of the human race. He made it all the way to the end. He had his time. Much of it, he used to make people a bit happier, but towards the end, all he was, was a loudmouthed leftist spewing his ignorant opinions. See ya. Your meathead of a son should be next, and soon, please. Yet another ignorant leftist loudmouth. He's no better- perhaps worse, even, demandng that President Trump be removed from office. Ever hear of the Constitution, you commie asshole? FOAD. Follow daddy into the great whatever.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I suppose the "Dick Van Dyke" show was Reiner's biggest claim to fame, I loved that show back then, but he was a minor comic talent at best. He had the good luck or sense to associate himself with truly funny people so there's that. His film directing and screenwriting credits are pretty thin.

He did come across as a decent guy but his horrible, hate-filled son would seem to put a lie to that "decency".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose the "Dick Van Dyke" show was Reiner's biggest claim to fame

I believe his “biggest claim to fame” is that he sired Rob “Meathead” Reiner.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Mark Twain has a perfect quote for the occassion
quote:
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23223 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
When Bettie Davis received word of Joan Crawford's heart attack and subsequent death in 1977, she allegedly said, "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.” I feel the same about Carl Reiner.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, thought the same when he croaked and was wishing it’d been his son instead. But Carl was about as bad, so GFW, Carl.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I derive satisfaction from there being one less very loud, very conspicuous Trump hater sending out his ignorant tweets and running his suck on "news" shows. No more bullshit from you, Carl, and that is just fine with me.

FOAD. Follow daddy into the great whatever.

Soooo.... cancel that flower bouquet to the funeral home? Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Agreed!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
He sure raised an ass of a son.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that, Para.

I was starting to get woozy from blood loss from biting my tongue when the subject first came up.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15211 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

For damn sure!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Yep

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a loss in my book either.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

Dead from the head up - meathead.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Archie said "Dead from the neck up."

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Archie said "Dead from the neck up."

Archie Bunker was right about just about everything. The meathead stayed a meathead.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Rest not in hell, mofo.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post