SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Songs talking about a a State.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Songs talking about a a State. Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Well, not really a state, but a great song for sure.

And another of his best

We can add the one about Phoenix too if you'd like.....

Or how about the whole dang country!!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio Pretenders

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Rainy Night in Georgia. - Multiple
The Night the Lights went out in Georgia. - Vicki Lawrence
Alabama Rain - Jim Croce
New York's not my home - Jim Croce
Kentucky Woman - Neil Diamond

And as for Neil Young's "Alabama", "I Hope Neil Young will remember, Southern Man don't need him around, anyhow"!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Muleskinner Blues - Kentucky by Jimmie Rodgers
Blue Moon of Kentucky - Kentucky by Bill Monroe

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
"Georgia's on my mind, Carolina's in my heart" by The Orange Yodeler

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Ohio Pretenders

Actually, it's 'My City was Gone' by the Pretenders.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Arizona - Scorpions.... Well, not too much about the state, more its people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPfFvM0AFG0

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Sweet Magnolia Blues...

No idea how to imbed, so I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCS9WBQtDvU

Honorable mentions for:
"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain
"Mississippi Girl" Faith Hill
"Down in Mississippi" Sugarland
"Starkville City Jail" Johnny Cash
"Dani California" Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Starkville City Jail" Johnny Cash
"Well we've been in several prisons
San Quentin, and Folsom prison, and the Starkville Mississippi jail
An El Paso jail. And uh.
You wouldn't believe it, one night I got in jail in Starkville Mississippi
For picking flowers."

Well, I was a student at Moo U at the time of Johnny's big caper. I did not attend his concert that night, but the next morning I heard he had been arrested the night before. At 2:00AM. In front of the admin building. Picking pansies from the flower bed. With a floorboard full of beer cans. At 2:00AM. Yeah, they put me in jail for an expired inspection sticker, so......

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Florida:

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well not really about a state, but I always liked Johnny Horton's Battle Of New Orleans.

In LEGO Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolina I remember You

Charlie Daniels Band

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Some nimble fingers.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
NH live free or die

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Some nimble fingers.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VO5MHCX1iaU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Is that an 8 string ukelele?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post