SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The vampire Diaries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The vampire Diaries Login/Join 
posted
OK, so while I was unemployed and sitting at home over the winter I discovered the Vampire Diaries again on Netflix,and binge watched the entire I believe eight or so seasons. The wife couldn't stand it so I didn't watch much of it the first time. It started out good and I got hooked into the story, but it did kind of jump the shark after the main female lead left the show. Then I tried the spinoff The originals, which I had also tried to watch before, but even though it is supposedly set in New Orleans, and I just love the French Quarter, it just wasn't happening for me. Any one know of any other similar shows or movies, I didn't really consider them vampire based, even though that always figured in. It also reminded me a lot of Smallville which I liked a lot.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW found, and sort-of binge watched Vampire Diaries. Got through a bunch of seasons and would tell me about it. Sounded very... tween programming to me.

How about True Blood?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True Blood is worth your time just for Anna Paquin. Just sayin...
The Flash and Arrow are both CW shows (same as TVD, Originals & Smallville) you may like. Supernatural maybe as well.
Moonlight (2007) with Alex O'Laughlin, Forever Knight and Dracula from 2014 were all pretty good if ur just after vampires. Moonlight & Dracula were one season shows with no official ending, so be warned.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
vampire diaries took me by surprise and I watched the whole thing. It did get nutty around season 6 but I suffered through it.

One that also surprised me was teen wolf from mtv. It starts off great but some where around season 6 it gets nutty, still worth watching and I believe the next season 9 is still to come.

Another that I binge watched by accident, though not with any supernatural theme, was "the good wife." It's kept me entertained all the way to the final episode.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post