SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Musings about the movie Commando
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Musings about the movie Commando Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
One of my favorite movies as a kid. I even had the action figure.

Some observations watching it as an adult:

1.) tons of continuity errors like Sully's Porsche being smashed up one minute and not the next, Cooke saying "he has no brakes" when you can clearly see brake lights, Matrix kills the same bad guy soldier with the mutten chops and handle bar mustache like 3 times, etc...

2.) when Matrix punches Cooke into the other hotel room the couple has a camera on a tripod clearly filing themselves having sex

3.) the weapons shed and "shopping" scene are the coolest parts of the movie.

4.) when he robs Surplus city he takes 7 or so guns but only 3 mags and 2 boxes of ammo.

5.) Bennet is the gayest bad guy ever...he wears a chainlink shirt and leather pants for god sake.

6.) Gen Kirby carries a totally non-gov issued Colt Commander in nickel.

7.) Bill Paxton makes a cameo

8.) Matrix doesn't believe in reloading

9.) still a totally badass movie

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Just before Matrix drops Sully over the cliff, you can clearly see the suspension cable coming from a pant leg.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

5.) Bennet is the gayest bad guy ever...he wears a chainlink shirt and leather pants for god sake.

He's Evil Freddie Mercury.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Errors and all, I still like this movie a lot. For an 80s one man army flick it just can't be beat. And the dialogue was classic.Smile

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
And the dialogue was classic.Smile

"Let off some steam, Bennet."

"What happened to Sully?" "I let him go."

Smile

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you may hate me for it - but I am always compelled to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same guy who was in Road Warrior, and had a boyfriend on the back of his bike! hmmmm

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:

Same guy who was in Road Warrior, and had a boyfriend on the back of his bike! hmmmm

Yup. He was queer before queer was cool.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It's my favorite Ahhghnold COMEDY.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
you may hate me for it - but I am always compelled to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM

That is frickin hilarious

----------------------

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Don't disturb my friend... He's dead tired.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Posts: 941 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btanchors:
"You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Remember when I said I'd kill you last?

I lied..."

Love this movie. The horrendously bad acting as the Val Verde soldiers are killed by Matrix cracks me up every time. I just can't get enough of this movie.

The shed scene is one of the best in movie history. I must've replayed the buzz saw slicing off the top of the dude's head a hundred times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cooke saying "he has no brakes" when you can clearly see brake lights

While this movie is rife with them, I can't see that as a flaw. If brake hydraulics are out/gone, exactly how the hell is that supposed to affect the brake light switch on the pedal lever?

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and he never misses ... unlike the bad guys who just can't seem to put him down, no matter how many bullets or grenades are flung...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
FA: "Any luggage?"
Matrix: "Just him."

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... and he never misses ... unlike the bad guys who just can't seem to put him down, no matter how many bullets or grenades are flung...

This is what made me hate the movie so much. That and the bad acting. It's right up there with Uncle Buck.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Classic. Best one-liners ever.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of Arnie's greatest '80's flicks,issues and all.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post