SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Musings about the movie Commando
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Musings about the movie Commando Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Right?
Wrong.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
One of the channels I watch on YouTube is Shitcase Cinema. Johnny Shitcase references that "Let off some steam Bennett" as the primary example of witty one-liners from movies of that era. And Bennett has the classic villain 'tache of the era as well.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Commando was so bad that they should have done a Mystery Science Theater 3000 with it.

Now that would be hilarious.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I don't need the gun John."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a sophomore at Virginia Tech and my room mate and I had a small color tv, VCR, and two VHS movies. Weird Science, and Commando. I was heavily into medievalism and making my own suit of maille so at least 200 hours of near-mindless link closing. So...I probably had this movie (and Weird Science) on in the background a dozen times in the span of 2 months.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Six foot two, brown hair, one gigantic muth-er-fucker. Big Grin lmao so bad.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Cooke saying "he has no brakes" when you can clearly see brake lights

While this movie is rife with them, I can't see that as a flaw. If brake hydraulics are out/gone, exactly how the hell is that supposed to affect the brake light switch on the pedal lever?

They didn't cut the brake lines the bad guys ripped all the wiring out of the engine bay. Don't you remember Arnie holding a handful of generic wires.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely was supposed to represent the distributor wires.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Since I was still a kid in the mid 80s, it's okay to say I had a huge crush on Alyssa Milano in Commando

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

This scene has to be responsible for influencing at least 50% of all first time camo paint applications in the military

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
FA: "Any luggage?"
Matrix: "Just him."

Carrion?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I was a sophomore at Virginia Tech and my room mate and I had a small color tv, VCR, and two VHS movies. Weird Science, and Commando. I was heavily into medievalism and making my own suit of maille so at least 200 hours of near-mindless link closing. So...I probably had this movie (and Weird Science) on in the background a dozen times in the span of 2 months.

Were you trying to make a shirt like Bennett's?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I like how a student pilot successfully flew and navigated a large twin-engine flying boat hundreds of miles over water. Big Grin

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I like how a student pilot successfully flew and navigated a large twin-engine flying boat hundreds of miles over water. Big Grin

Especially considering it was loaded down with all that Type 4 Amphibian fuel. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
How was it the commercial flight took them like 11 hours while the stolen flight only took a few?

And he smelled the ambush at the beginning of the movie!

quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... and he never misses ... unlike the bad guys who just can't seem to put him down, no matter how many bullets or grenades are flung...

At least they did get him with some frag in the garden which forced him to fall back into the shed to regroup.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
How was it the commercial flight took them like 11 hours while the stolen flight only took a few?

They were not going to the same place.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It's on right now, on cable. The security guard at the mall is a fucking legend!

"wanna see me kick some ass?"

"Attention all units, emergency on theater level, suspect 6 foot 2, brown hair, is one gigantic MOTHER FUCKER!"

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Commando and Predator are my two favorite Friday night kick-back-with-a-pizza-and-a-movie movies. Those and Young Frankenstein.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Predator is one freakin awesome movie. Arnolds best movie no question.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post