SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Claim is that this 96 Year Old Man Witnessed John Wilkes Boothe Fall from the Balcony...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Claim is that this 96 Year Old Man Witnessed John Wilkes Boothe Fall from the Balcony... Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
at Ford's Theater.... The broadcast skirts the witness of the assasination.... and tbe reveal could have been more climatic... but I am impressed that an attendee of 'Our American Cousin' was televised on tv.

https://youtu.be/I_iq5yzJ-Dk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remind me of an article I saw some years back in a photography magazine. They had found photographs of several men, who were quite elderly, when their photos were taken in the very early days of photography. The headline was "These men knew George Washington" . All of them had been young boys and one had been a bugler in Washington's army .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2007 one of the last widow's receiving military benifits from thier husband being in the civil war died.
America isn't that old when you hink about it.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:
In 2007 one of the last widow's receiving military benifits from thier husband being in the civil war died.

As I recall, that was a really weird thing. The veteran married a teenager when he was in his 80s.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:

As I recall, that was a really weird thing. The veteran married a teenager when he was in his 80s.

That was not too unusual, it was a marriage of convience, the old soldier had someone to take care of him and the girl got the pension, and sometimes a baby.

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
That is an example of how young our country really is.

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
Apparently John Tyler was quite the rake:

http://mentalfloss.com/article...sons-are-still-alive

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post