SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Man Standing - on Fox...did you watch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Man Standing - on Fox...did you watch? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Wonderful to have it back! Loved how they discussed real issues in families today thru relatable humor and not angry rhetoric.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
It was and now is again one of my favorite shows. Tim and family obviously wanted to school the other new comedy shows on how to help heal the newest great divide on politics. The new Mandy needs to go, not a good replacement at all. They would have a much better show if the old Mandy had moved out/divorced,died just went away somehow in my opinion.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Yes I watched. I liked it. Will have to give new girl a chance. Always liked the Justified girl too.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just happened to be browsing the TV right before it came on. Was doing things, but watched most of it. I'm very happy to see it back, it was basically the only TV I used to watch, other than Kings games. I thought it was great, except...

quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
...The new Mandy needs to go, not a good replacement at all. They would have a much better show if the old Mandy had moved out/divorced,died just went away somehow in my opinion.

This. I guess I need to give her time, but the old Mandy was hilarious. Just seemed natural, and for some reason I feel like this girl is trying to be funny and be similar to the other Mandy.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I discovered this show a couple of months ago. As the reruns flowed the character of Mandy became my favorite. I didn't care for the recast, but I'm willing to let it slide and see what the new actress can do with it. You never know. Who am I kidding I'll watch anything with Nancy Travis.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Saw it, I'll keep watching for a while anyway. The new Mandy just seems very wrong, but time will tell. I loved the potshots they kept taking at ABC through the whole episode. And yeah, Nancy Travis is still hot.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen the new season, yet. In fact, I haven't seen the last season. Working my way through from the beginning again. Still on Season 1. I miss this version of Kristin. I never liked the recast, Season 2+ Kristin.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the pot shots. The bit that got the biggest laugh out of me was Kyle was in trouble because she changed something and he couldn't say what. At the end he figured it out. "Oh you're tall and blonde now."

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "don't care for the new Mandy" camp. She just wasn't a great actress, and the previous girl was really good. Plus it's just very jarring, such a huge physical difference.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes!

Loved how they took numerous shots at ABC for cancelling a highly rated show like they did.

Not digging the “new” Mandy. At all. The new actress is like 2 feet taller than Molly Ephraim and this Mandy seems more angry and serious and not goofy and ditzy. It’s jarring.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Yes!

Loved how they took numerous shots at ABC for cancelling a highly rated show like they did.

Agreed!

As for Mandy, why such an airhead? Reminds me of "meathead." Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16212 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Yes!

Not digging the “new” Mandy. At all. The new actress is like 2 feet taller than Molly Ephraim and this Mandy seems more angry and serious and not goofy and ditzy. It’s jarring.

Molly Ephraim had a way of playing the occasional ditz who never studied. But she wasn't portrayed as truly stupid. Not like this.

She also had a figure that made 'her' clothing designs work. This new girl is tall, gangly and doesn't have the curves of the old Mandy.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post