SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Is Fifth Woketard Franchise to Die at Box Office
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘Charlie’s Angels’ Is Fifth Woketard Franchise to Die at Box Office Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I tend to avoid remakes because I have a problem forgetting the original. In this case, I've seen the original so many times that I've practically got the script memorized. I'd be doing a lot of eyerolling and cussin' even if it was a decent flick. It couldn't possibly compete with the original which IMHO is one of the best films ever made.

And those days have passed forever - like Homer, Milton, and Shakespeare. We just can't go back and do that shit again.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Homer, Milton, and Shakespeare...
... Farrah Fawcett's firm hooters...

Yes, all the greats

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Get Woke Go Broke

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
You know why these movies are bombing? Well yes they are the “woke” versions so anyone of a certain age doesn’t want anything to do with it. But that’s not the main reason. The target demographic wants all the shit for free so they ain’t at the movies man. They are sharing a Netflix account because they are chintzy as fuck. Don’t wanna pay for the nothing. Don’t want to own a car. They think college should be free. All they wanna do is play on the phone, get on Twatter and Twat people to death who they don’t “feel” are “woke”.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, how then do you account for films which do well at the box office?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Which woke films would those be?

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
You know why these movies are bombing? Well yes they are the “woke” versions so anyone of a certain age doesn’t want anything to do with it. But that’s not the main reason. The target demographic wants all the shit for free so they ain’t at the movies man. They are sharing a Netflix account because they are chintzy as fuck. Don’t wanna pay for the nothing. Don’t want to own a car. They think college should be free. All they wanna do is play on the phone, get on Twatter and Twat people to death who they don’t “feel” are “woke”.

I don't think thats it at all.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I scanned the IMDB comments. My favorite was:
"I felt like I ate a Tide Pod after I saw this movie:
Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16069 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What, it's two chicks and Justin Bieber?

Sounds like three chicks with extra steps.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

I don't think thats it at all.

Agreed.

The problem is they're more worried about being PC than making a good film. It's been written here, and elsewhere, countless times: Can you imagine what Hollyweird would do with Blazing Saddles, Airplane, The Blues Brothers or any number of other edgy comedies from the past? Never mind something like The Seven Year Itch or Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. They'd so-thoroughly PCize them they'd be unrecognizable. Never mind thoroughly unfunny.

For those of us old enough to remember The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour: Can you just imagine how today's "woke" generation would react? I mean besides not getting any of the references because they don't teach actual history in schools any more. Or even episodes of early SNL--back when it was funny? "Jane, you ignorant slut," one of the funniest lines in TV comedy history, would probably provoke howls of outrage.

I shudder to think what today's Hollyweird would do to the likes of Casablanca or From Here To Eternity

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My point, was like the Batgirl lesbian series. The twatter people go all out and scream and whine so some studio caves, makes it for them, and they don't support it. If it's bad it's bad and that's a part. But a big part of these people is they don't wanna pay. It's some fake bs as they don't show up to support what they whined for.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Get Woke Go Broke

But reading threads just off this forum, I heard (because I haven't seen them) that superhero movies Black Panther and Captain Marvel were politically correct pandering films, yet made a shit ton of money at the box office.

Maybe if Charlies Angels were able to fly through the air, lift cars over their heads, the box office performance would have been improved.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had to take a pic of the movie poster as we walked into Ford v Ferrari and I sent it to a friend who told me Farrah Fawcett would be turning over in her grave from this POS movie.

None of the girls on the poster even looked attractive and it was that standard diversity formula you see with everything these days: one white girl, one brown girl and one dykey-looking girl. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Origina

But reading threads just off this forum, I heard (because I haven't seen them) that superhero movies Black Panther and Captain Marvel were politically correct pandering films, yet made a shit ton of money at the bo

Nah. Disney makes some shit and the herd line up to the slaughter. SuperHo = just printing money. The entire country worshipping men and women in tights.